5 Different Chocolates to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

Excited about Easter break? Is reminiscing on the youthful days of egg hunts stirring up cravings for creamy, melt-in-your-mouth, smooth chocolate? Whether you’re looking to gift it to a friend, a special someone, or to yourself (because you deserve it #treatyourself) here are some choices you can’t go wrong with. 

1. If you’re looking for unique flavors…

Two words: Chuao chocolatier. Guess where I discovered these amazing chocolates? At Epicurean! I’ve only had the privilege of trying the one pictured above, but they have amazing flavors like caramel apple crush, cheeky cheeky churro, baconluxious, and so much more. These unique and perfectly balanced flavors combined with the creamy, smooth chocolate will make your heart melt. 

2. The classic chocolates…

If you’re someone who likes nutella, this will send you over the moon. Although it’s seen in most grocery stores and even drugstores, it remains a delectable classic. If you want to diversify the flavors, they also have a white chocolate and dark chocolate version! The crunchy yet smooth exterior with the thick, almost ganache-like center and the surprise hazelnut is addicting, and yes, I have consumed more than 10 in one sitting. That’s how good they are. Everyone appreciates a classic Ferrero Rocher. 

3. The chocolates you always see at the mall but never have the heart or money to buy…

Godiva chocolates have always been my favorite, since elementary school. Yeah, I had a refined palate at 9 years old. Some would call me high maintenance but… Anyways, as much as I love their boxed chocolates, their individual truffles are bomb. My go-tos are their cappuccino truffles, their chocolate hazelnut, and their milk chocolate oysters. If you want a more biscuity type of chocolate, you can never go wrong with their Signature Milk Chocolate Biscuits. And of course, you have to get the chocolate covered strawberries! 

4. The unexpectedly diverse chocolates…

Lindt truffles seemed like old news. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed eating them. But they weren’t as special after seeing them everywhere. One fateful day, an outlet opened near my hometown and they had a Lindt store. You would not believe how many delicious, unique, flavors they had! Pumpkin Spice for all my fellow basic… girls, Cappuccino for the coffee and chocolate lovers, Irish Cream, Strawberries and Cream, and Citrus, just to name a few. The bright colors aren’t a bad touch, either! 

5. The one with packaging so vibrant, you want to keep it…

Compartés chocolates… oh what I would do to get my hands on them! I personally have never tried them, but I once saw Ingrid Nilsen mention them in one of her YouTube videos and I was sold. They are on the pricey side, but the flavors, mixed with the lively packaging is worth it in my opinion! Anyone would be thrilled to receive these, no doubt about it. 

Olivia Wang

Georgetown

School of Foreign Service Major: International Politics Minor: Korean