10 Questions Every Freshman Wants Answered

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgetown chapter.

1. Do midterms ever stop?

What is this month-long midterm season? We’re all used to having a week set aside for midterms, so this arrangement is mind-boggling. Instead of having one week of stress, it is now spread over the entire month of October.

2. Will the free food from NSO ever come back?

For the first week or two of school, life was great. Sure, we were all nervous about making friends and starting class, but at least we could count on a minimum of one free meal per day. What happened to the GUGS burgers and Italian ice?

3. What do I call my professors?

Should I call them Professor                 ? Is that too formal? Is using their first names better? Is that too casual? All of my professors are now greeted with “Hi, I just have a quick question.” Please send help.

4. Why is there so much reading?

Two hundred pages for one class for one weekend is too much to accomplish without taking at least three accidental naps. RIP to everyone who has already drowned in their readings.

5. Does walking to Yates count as a workout?

It’s far away and it’s almost all stairs and uphill…. Please say that it’s enough to ward off the freshman fifteen.

6. Why don’t we have a fall break?

Every other school that our friends go to seem to have more than one day off, yet we do not. Why? No one knows. Maybe it would be too disruptive to the season of midterms.

7. Is Leo’s actually good or are my standards low?

Are we actually starting to like it? Is the food getting better or is this a defense mechanism?

8. What season is it?

In the morning, it feels like fall. In the afternoon, it feels like summer. At night, it feels like winter. The rain is fun, too. The only safe option is to wear four layers that you will remove throughout the day and to carry an emergency umbrella. Getting dressed should not be this difficult.  

9. Why are there so many staircases here?

Seriously. Going anywhere requires a lot of energy. At least we’re all going to have amazing calves by the end of the semester.

10. When will I stop being confused?

The answer is probably never.

Victoria is a senior at Georgetown University studying Psychology. She is a self proclaimed Pinterest enthusiast and health nut, who also enjoys running, yoga, baking, and anything outdoors.