This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

What does the fox say? Such a philosophical question that the Ylvis Brothers, a Norwegian comedy duo, have tried to answer in their latest musical masterpiece, “The Fox.”

The video starts with a review of the noises of your basic animals, mouse, elephant, cat, and so on, before it posses the big fox question amide a myriad of techno beats and strobe lights. I will throw out the warning that it may be best to watch this in a sober, calm setting, as the video can get a little strange about one second in.

The Guardian says, “It’s part Gangnam Style and part Crazy Frog, and three days after the video’s release, it has reached just under 2.2m views on the YouTube.”

I say it is the next big song this year. It certainly won’t be leaving your head anytime once you give it a listen, so get ready to shake your fox tail!

Caroline Chisolm

George Mason University

College: George Mason UniversityClass: 2016Position in HerCampus: Photo Blogger
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com