nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

True Life: Writing For Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Her Campus GMU has been around for nearly four years now and it’s time we explain to you, our beloved readers, who we are. For starters we’re students- we go to class by day and write by night. But most of us aren’t English majors; in fact we all come from different backgrounds, majors and lifestyles. We’re brought together by our passion for Mason and our desire to contribute fresh, intersting and relatable content that represents our community. Read on on to learn about our staff and why they love writing for Her Campus. Our team is always looking for improvements and new writers, especially as we prepare to say goodbye to some of our senior staff. So, if any of these reasons resonate with some of your interests email us to learn about how to join the team yourself! 

Helen Ray, Senior, Communication/Journalism, Editor: I love being able to lead a group of talented women who strive to produce fun and empowering content. It’s been a rewarding experience that has allowed me explore my passion and create a pathway to a career.

Jen Cotto, Sophomore, Film and Video, Photographer: I love being able to honor the diverse women of this campus by photographing them and giving them the ability to express what they love, why they love it and what motivates them to pursue whatever it is they are passionate about.

Alison Peterson, Senior, Communication/PR, Writer: I love being able to expand my writing portfolio and address topics that I love.

Savannah Rose Behrmann, Freshman, Communications/Journalism Major, Writer: I love being able to work with such a fabulous group of women to discuss people and topics around campus.

Courtney Spencer, Sophomore, Communications/PR, Writer: I love being able to see my work published and see people share it!

Kayla Hanigan, Sophomore, Elementary Education, Writer: I love being able to meet so many talented women on our campus and giving them the recognition they deserve.

Megan Bisson, Junior, Art, Writer: I love writing, it has always been a hobby of mine so Her Campus allows me to write fun articles, while also being involved on campus.

Alexandra Connole, Sophomore, Marketing, Writer: I love being able to write for such an awesome team of women and being able to share my ideas with Mason.

Cierra Bundy, Sophomore, Psych, Writer: I love the constant opportunity to find new things (and people) on campus to learn and write about.

Elizabeth Whitehead, Junior, Communication/PR, Writer: I love that I get to meet new people! It’s (also) fun to write and show off my work, without it being school work.

Becca Mackay, Sophomore, Events Management, Photographer: Photographing special moments on campus is really rewarding because I am able to make a memorable moment and capture it permanently.

Helen Ray

George Mason University