This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

With temperatures cooling down and your bed being seemingly easier to stay in all day, fall is the perfect time to indulge in a movie marathon. So, we’ve picked out five spooky films that will get you in the Halloween spirit. To make things even easier, all these fantastic fall viewings are available on  Netflix. So take a look and get ready to hide under the covers.

1. The Addams Family, 1991 (PG-13)

Everyone’s favorite spooky family comes to life in this 1991 film version of the popular 1960s television series. Starring Anjelica Huston and Christina Ricci, this film has a mix of fun and fright for anyone to enjoy. 

2. Carrie, 2013 (R)

A remake of the popular 1976 thriller about a sheltered girl with an overbearing mother…. and much more, you’ll have to watch it to find out. Starring Chloe Grace Moretz.

3. Silence of the Lambs, 1991 (R)

Clarice. Enough said, right? This film is about an FBI trainee who tries to pick the brain of the infamous fictional cannibal, Hannibal Lecter.  Starring Anthony Hopkins and Jody Foster.

4. Heathers, 1989 (R)

One of the most popular cult films, this movie is about a girl who hates her popular friends and meets a new guy and everything changes. EVERYTHING!! Starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater.

5. The Craft, 1996 (R)

This 90s cult classic is like “Mean Girls” with angry girls, magic, and uniforms. Starring Neve Cambell and Robin Tunney.

Courtney Spencer

George Mason University

Courtney is a Public Relations major at GMU and the Editor for Her Campus here. She hails from Chesapeake, Virginia, the #3 most boring city in the country. As a sophomore, she has already achieved #1 A-list fame in the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game. As a Junior, she has already achieved a twitter follow from Aly and AJ, so basically her life is set. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she can be found on Tumblr, Instagram, or Twitter probably droning on about Harry Styles or puppies (but not all the time so follow me! @cspencerr). If you see her around campus, don't be shy, say hi!
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com