Spring Break Survival Kits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Spring Break is coming up, and this semester Her Campus sent us a bunch of goodies to prepare ourselves for vacation! We absolutely love receiving Her Campus Survival kits, and I was more than excited to review this semester’s spring break items.

Charlotte Tilbury Hotlips Sample: I won’t lie to you, these samples were pretty finicky to work with. The application method was a bit odd; the instructions tell you to place your lips around the lipstick sample which is supposed to then transfer the color to your lips. I got a highly uneven coating of lipstick, but that didn’t prevent me from seeing the sample’s beautiful color. All in all, I would love to try a full-size Hotlips lipstick because the texture and color seem very promising for spring!

Erin Condren Deluxe Planner + Stickers + Markers: Every college student needs to own a planner to become organized- or at least give ourselves the impression that we’re organized. When I first saw that we had an Erin Condren planner in our kit, I almost screamed. These “luxury” planners can retail up to more than $60, so the fact that a pack of Erin Condren markers and personalize-able stickers were also included made me jump over the moon. While the planners are more aesthetically pleasing than they are practical (there are only a few pages of lined paper and then a calendar for every month), let’s be honest: the prettier the item, the more we’re bound to use it.

Cystex Tablets: One of the many nuisances of being female is being likely to get a urinary tract infection. And no college woman wants to deal with that pain and discomfort over spring break. The Cystex Relief tablets are aimed to relieve pain as well as provide antibacterial protection against UTIs. They’re easy to throw in your bag for your quick getaway to make sure you have fun as much as you can!

Freeman Beauty Dry Shampoo: Okay, let’s just admit it: we don’t wash our hair as thoroughly or as often as we should in college. We’re lazy and busy and lazy and lazy and…Anyways, my point is, every girl on campus needs a travel size bottle of dry shampoo- especially for vacation. Freeman Beauty’s dry shampoo impressed me beyond measure (sorry, Not Your Mother’s, I’m a Freeman Beauty go-er now) and worked instantly to absorb excess oils in my hair. This kind of magic is absolutely essential for spring break survival, as I won’t have the time (or energy) to hop in the shower every time my hair gets messy. By far, the best product in the box!

Loreal Sublime Bronzing Towelettes: I’m pretty tan myself, so I had the pleasure of trying these towelettes on my much paler friend. At first we were scared of the formula applying streaky and uneven (we don’t trust labels), but I’ve gotta say, they worked pretty well. There is a slight shimmer to the product (which will add the perfect glow to your skin under the sun this spring break), and you have to be careful how much product you add so you don’t turn orange. For a self-tanning product, though, this worked wonders and is especially handy for people who burn rather than tan.

With these products on hand, spring break is going to be effortlessly amazing, and we cannot wait!

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.