The Real Live Mason Guys: Episode 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

You asked, now here’s the answers. Submit your anonymous questions for The Real Live Mason Guys here!

Do guys like girls who can make them laugh? Or do guys want to be the ones making a girl laugh?

Dan: If you can’t make me laugh then we don’t click and you’re probably boring and I don’t want to hang out with you.  

Matt: Being funny is great but finding me funny is more than great.

What do guys think about selfies? Are they annoying or do they get your attention?

Kyle: I actually have a perfect answer for this. When you’re looking at a girl’s [Instagram] profile, look at her 10 most recent pictures. However many selfies she has is her crazy level on a scale of 1-10.  Also should be no [snapchat] dog filters.

Dan: That’s the first time I’m hearing of [that scale] but I feel like it’s true. And if you have too many selfies I feel like you’re insecure.

Jeremy: Too many selfies is just…no.

What’s something girls do that make guys describe them as “psycho” to their friends?

Jeremy:  I hate when girls want you to always be in constant communication…like constantly texting or on the phone or whatever.

Kyle: I feel like girls can be psycho about a lot of things…like when they expect you to know what they want and read their mind.  I think probably the worst thing is receiving a text that’s a screenshot of something on social media with the caption “lol.” Then I’m just like…what did I do now?

I see the same cute guy at P.J. Skidoos every Thursday. Should I just go up to him and introduce myself, or would a guy find that intimidating?

Jeremy: Definitely make the first move. Approach first because it’s too intimidating for guys to always have to go up to the girl, especially when she’s in a huge group of more girls. If a guy is interested at all then he’ll be excited that she walks up.

Kyle: Yes! Cory’s right.  Ask him what his name is, buy him a drink, talk to him, he’ll love it.

Dan: Agreed. He might just not be paying attention at all…he might just literally not notice who’s around him.

What’s the difference between a girl who’s sexy and a girl who’s “slutty?”

Jeremy: a girl who’s sexy more often…

Dan: Yeah…and a girl who’s sexy with more people than just you.

What’s something that will make you go crazy for a girl?

Matt:  If she’s a billionaire…like she has a billion dollars. But actually when a cute girl does any kind of physical contact, like touching my shoulder when she laughs at my jokes, I like that.

“I love a girl who can…” Finish the sentence.

Jeremy: COOK!

Dan: Eat.  Be independent. Hold a conversation about sports.

What’s something that can turn you off to a girl during your first conversation?

Matt: If her laugh was like this.

Kyle: If she has bad breath, or if she smells like cigarettes.

Jeremy: If she gets too personal the first time we meet…like talking about family issues and stuff.

Dan:  Someone who’s too assertive….no matter what you say you’re wrong…I hate that.

What’s a fashion trend you hate that girls do?

Jeremy:  I hate the septum piercing . I also hate when girls wear a t-shirt so huge that you can’t tell they’re wearing shorts. But I do like the oversized sweatshirt with leggings look.

Dan: yeah, unless it’s my sweatshirt that she stole…then I’m annoyed.

Kyle: Something I definitely don’t like is too much makeup, when it’s caked on like you’re trying to hide bad skin or something.

Dan: I don’t like drawn-on eyebrows. Why do girls do that?

Matt: Yeah! And they’re just drawing on normal eyebrows! They could at least show some creativity and draw on something cool.

Kyle:….don’t do that ^.

What’s the sweetest thing a girl has done for you?

Matt: My girlfriend once hired a bunch of old guys to wake me up. Kidding, kidding. She actually hired a barbershop quartet of old veterans to sing me love songs to wake me up on Valentine’s Day. I’ll never forget that. It wasn’t just sweet, but really funny too.  

Jeremy: uhh…a freshman did my laundry for me once. That was pretty sick.

Dan: Planned an entire day for me full of stuff I like to do.

Now what’s the sexiest thing a girl has ever done for you?

Matt: Still the barbershop quartet…guy number 3, I want to say his name was Norman, just wow.

Kyle: Shotgunned a beer with me.

Matt: This other time a girl got really close to me, and whispered in my ear, “fine, we’ll have sex I guess.” Goosebumps.

How do you know you like a girl?

Dan: I think you just know. When you start specifically making time to hang out with them, like oh I have a busy day but I’m gonna come see you.

Kyle: You hang out to spend time with them and not just to have sex.

Matt: Have you ever heard the song “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede? You should listen to that song.

Holly Rhue

George Mason University

Holly was previously the Branded Content Editor at Her Campus Media, working on the national edit team to create engaging native editorial and social content for brands that HerCampus.com readers love! Her Beauty & Travel writing has been featured on Cosmopolitan.com, MarieClaire.com, and ELLE.com, where she was previously the digital publication's Editorial Fellow and Weekend Editor right out of college. Once upon a time, she led her own Her Campus chapter at George Mason University (go Patriots!).
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com