Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Features

A Basic Girl's Guide To Fall

By Alexandra Connole
September 29, 2014 - 10:30am

It is nearing the end of September, fall is finally here, and cooler weather will be kicking in! For most girls, this is way more exciting than necessary. In the world of basic-ness, fall is the best season of them all. The leaves are turning, the weather is no longer deathly hot, and pumpkin spice lattes are back! Now, if you still aren't sure you are prepared for the upcoming season, here is a list of what every basic girl needs in order to be ready for fall.  1. Leggings The first, and most obvious thing that every basic girl needs to take on the cooler temperatures are leggings. You either love them or hate them, but they will always be more comfortable than jeans and they're super versatile.  ...

The Uproar Heard Around Campus: Mason Dining

By CJ Ruley
September 23, 2014 - 9:30am

Food: The source of nourishment required for people to live, grow, and create energy.   READ MORE

The Bistro: Mason's Hidden Gem

By Courtney Spencer
September 15, 2014 - 10:30am

Mason Dining has gone through many changes since we have been back at school. The includes the closing of some of our favorites, (HotSpot & Gold Rush), and confusing hours of operation changes. But there is still one thing that stays constant: The Bistro. The Bistro, located on the ground floor of the Johnson Center, continues to be a staple among professors and students alike. It has quality food and great choices without the crowded feel of Southside or the lines. Many people simply don’t know about it at all. When you go to the ground floor of the JC to other buildings or the new Starbucks that just opened look in the corner adjacent from that and you will see the Bistro (it is easy to miss). ...

9 Childhood Cartoons That Got It Right

By Cierra Bundy
September 8, 2014 - 10:30am

I know I'm not the only college student that finds old episodes of cartoons online and spends an entire Sunday night watching them in the privacy of my dorm. Other than reviving the inner child, these childhood classics serve a far greater purpose that we may just now be picking up on. The creators of our favorite shows dropped some hardcore knowledge in subtle elementary dialog that would be relatable for decades to come. This is for all the times our parents told us not to sit too close to the TV set.  READ MORE

The Do's And Don'ts Of Sorority Recruitment

By Haley McComber
September 1, 2014 - 9:30am

Recruitment is right around the corner and girls on campus are buzzing with excitement! For someone participating in sorority recruitment for the first time, it can be a nerve wracking experience. I still remember when I first went through recruitment and I was worried I would say the wrong thing or wear the wrong thing. Recruitment shouldn’t be a stressful time; it should be fun and exciting starting this new chapter in your life! To ease some of the stresses of recruitment, I created a list of do’s and don’ts that will ensure recruitment is smooth sailing for you. READ MORE

3 Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad In Milan

By Megan Bisson
August 25, 2014 - 10:30am

As someone who is a recent veteran of studying abroad, I can honestly say it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Of course you want to study abroad, but the first question is where: and I’m here to tell you the beautiful, bustling city of Milan is the perfect place. Here’s a list of three reasons why Milan rocks! Weekend & Day Trips READ MORE

The Perfect Packing Playlist

By Courtney Spencer
August 18, 2014 - 9:30am

Summer is coming to an end, which means school is just around the corner! Moving back to school usually entails one of the most dreaded tasks of all: packing. If you hate packing as much as I do, then you're in luck! Below you'll find the perfect playlist to keep you pumped and motivated in order to begin the packing process. Hopefully this playlist will eliminate any stress that comes along with moving back on campus.  Alt-J – Dissolve Me READ MORE

Mason Parking Struggles Told In GIFs

By Anabella Tourkaman
May 1, 2014 - 9:13am

Pulling into Mason, ready to get your day started. Everything is going great, until you get to the parking lots. Driving by each lot, unable to find ANY empty spots. You think to yourself, how can there be so many people? After driving around, you finally find an empty space in the distance. You’re all like, “YASSS!” Then someone crushes your spirits and steals your spot. Why do bad things happen to good people? READ MORE

The 10 Stages Of Dieting

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 23, 2014 - 2:00pm

1. Looking in the mirror after the long winter months. Leggings become your best friend because the sound of jeans makes you cringe. 2. Deciding you need to make a change. After giving yourself a pep talk, you’re totally ready for a “lifestyle” change. 3. Getting pumped and motivated to get into the gym ASAP. Spending hours pinning cute workout clothes onto your new “fitness” board. READ MORE

Selfie Awareness

By Helen Ray
April 8, 2014 - 9:34am

Ever since MySpace made the world aware of what a selfie is (and Instagram sealed the deal), it’s become both a running joke on social media and a social norm. Today, there are cameras on every smart phone making photography portable and utterly easy, so sharing our life events (including our selfies) has become a daily task. With the introduction of the front forward camera, the progression of social media and various photo apps, it was only natural that the selfie would progress too. READ MORE