Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason News

The 10 Stages Of Dieting

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 23, 2014 - 2:00pm

1. Looking in the mirror after the long winter months. Leggings become your best friend because the sound of jeans makes you cringe. 2. Deciding you need to make a change. After giving yourself a pep talk, you’re totally ready for a “lifestyle” change. 3. Getting pumped and motivated to get into the gym ASAP. Spending hours pinning cute workout clothes onto your new “fitness” board. READ MORE

Selfie Awareness

By Helen Ray
April 8, 2014 - 9:34am

Ever since MySpace made the world aware of what a selfie is (and Instagram sealed the deal), it’s become both a running joke on social media and a social norm. Today, there are cameras on every smart phone making photography portable and utterly easy, so sharing our life events (including our selfies) has become a daily task. With the introduction of the front forward camera, the progression of social media and various photo apps, it was only natural that the selfie would progress too. READ MORE

Spring Trends For Summer Wear

By Helen Ray
March 31, 2014 - 1:10pm

As college students, it can be difficult to remain on top of the current trends, especially when restricted to a college budget. A good way to remain fashionable, while not breaking the bank, is to invest in trendy pieces that you can wear throughout the year. When maintaining a fashionable appearance, it’s all about being creative with your wardrobe and figuring out how to wear the same piece from day to night and through different seasons. To make things easier Her Campus has picked out our favorite springs trends that we know will also look great in the summer time. READ MORE

4 Inspired Oscar Looks You Can Wear In Real Life

By Christen Roberts
March 27, 2014 - 11:00am

After viewing one of the best dressed events on prime-time television, many of us are in awe of all the stunning looks seen on the red carpet for the 86th Academy Awards in the Dolby Theatre. As college students, we can only imagine the price tags on some of our favorite picks. Let's try making things a lot easier by getting inspired by the flashy looks and spending smart on a budget.  For those fashion focused gals out there, we all hope that we can one day see ourselves in the top name brands such as Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent, standing beside a nice piece of arm candy. Wait for it ladies, our time awaits! 1. Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena: "Pretty in Pink" READ MORE...

5 Shows To Binge Watch This Weekend

By Anabella Tourkaman
March 20, 2014 - 12:53pm

The winter premiers of all your favorite shows are in full swing! Before it gets too warm to relax inside, check out these popular TV shows to accompany you while you're lounging around this weekend. Pretty Little Liars  (ABC Family) If you like mystery-thriller teen dramas, then Pretty Little Liars is for you! Based off of the popular books by Sara Shepard, four girls try to solve the mystery of their best friend’s “death” and the strange events that occur in their every day lives. PLL’s current season is crazier than ever with plot twists that no one saw coming. READ MORE

Things You Need To Do Before You Graduate

By Katie Barlow
March 5, 2014 - 9:23am

Now that I’m a senior and my four years of college are rapidly coming to end (someone please hand me tissues), I’ve been reminiscing on the best things I’ve done and what I still need to accomplish in my remaining time. Once graduating college, certain actions become less acceptable, so it’s best to take as much advantage of your college years as possible. So read on, and get ready to make your college bucket list! Run through the Mason fountain. Admit it—we’ve all thought about it, especially on those brutal hot days in August and May. So why not? Pick a nice day, and go for it! I also recommend taking pictures, or no one will believe you. READ MORE

How To Beat The Mid-Semester Blues

By Bri Perry
February 24, 2014 - 9:51am

The middle of a semester can be the harshest part of the year. Classes are in full-swing, spring break isn't quite here, and the bitter winter turns the brief walk onto campus into an expedition. I’m known for slipping into the winter blues, retreating from social activity until midterms. However, I’ve whipped up some fun ideas, so grab a couple of friends and crawl out from the cushions in your couch. The change in pace can be exactly what you need this time of year! Rock climb READ MORE

The 10 Types Of Bad Kissers

By Helen Ray
February 18, 2014 - 9:30am

Everyone can agree that those first few kisses you share with someone are monumental. Something as simple as a kiss can be what determines your feelings for another person and it can make or break whether you see (or kiss) them again. A kiss can also say a lot about that individual--whether they’re more intimate, shy, or completely arrogant. When kisses are good, they’re unbelievable...even magical at times. But, when kisses are bad, they are really bad and can be a miserable experience. Most people tend to think they’re “good kissers”, but if you’re someone who’s prone to one with these 10 maneuvers, you may need to reconsider your kissing techniques. READ MORE

Valentine's Day Dining: Metropolitan Style

By Anabella Tourkaman
February 10, 2014 - 9:00am

Valentine’s Day is approaching. Whether it’s a girl’s night out or a romantic evening for two, a collegiette has got to eat! Spend your special evening in one of the greatest cities, Washington, D.C.! Not only will you satisfy your taste buds, but you’ll also have the opportunity to take a romantic stroll by the monuments.  Bon appétit collegiettes! Paolo’s Ristorante - $$ 1303 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007 If you’re a lover of traditional Italian cuisine, then Paolo’s is the place for you! Paolo’s is known for “pizza, pasta, cocktails…and of course pizzaz!” Enjoy an evening in Georgetown and check out the shops....

How To Make The Most Of A Healthy Lifestyle

By Jordan Fontenot
February 3, 2014 - 9:00am

The beginning of a new semester is a great time to get fit. With spring break on the horizon, this is prime time for collegiettes to be hitting the gym. With less than two months separating you and your bikini, it’s important to make the most of your workouts in order to see results. I’m no expert, but tweaking my workouts and my diet has helped me see huge improvements. These changes could be the very thing that helps you see the results you’ve been working for! At the Gym READ MORE