Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Features

3 Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad In Milan

By Megan Bisson
August 25, 2014 - 10:30am

As someone who is a recent veteran of studying abroad, I can honestly say it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Of course you want to study abroad, but the first question is where: and I’m here to tell you the beautiful, bustling city of Milan is the perfect place. Here’s a list of three reasons why Milan rocks! Weekend & Day Trips READ MORE

The Perfect Packing Playlist

By Courtney Spencer
August 18, 2014 - 9:30am

Summer is coming to an end, which means school is just around the corner! Moving back to school usually entails one of the most dreaded tasks of all: packing. If you hate packing as much as I do, then you're in luck! Below you'll find the perfect playlist to keep you pumped and motivated in order to begin the packing process. Hopefully this playlist will eliminate any stress that comes along with moving back on campus.  Alt-J – Dissolve Me READ MORE

Mason Parking Struggles Told In GIFs

By Anabella Tourkaman
May 1, 2014 - 9:13am

Pulling into Mason, ready to get your day started. Everything is going great, until you get to the parking lots. Driving by each lot, unable to find ANY empty spots. You think to yourself, how can there be so many people? After driving around, you finally find an empty space in the distance. You’re all like, “YASSS!” Then someone crushes your spirits and steals your spot. Why do bad things happen to good people? READ MORE

The 10 Stages Of Dieting

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 23, 2014 - 2:00pm

1. Looking in the mirror after the long winter months. Leggings become your best friend because the sound of jeans makes you cringe. 2. Deciding you need to make a change. After giving yourself a pep talk, you’re totally ready for a “lifestyle” change. 3. Getting pumped and motivated to get into the gym ASAP. Spending hours pinning cute workout clothes onto your new “fitness” board. READ MORE

Selfie Awareness

By Helen Ray
April 8, 2014 - 9:34am

Ever since MySpace made the world aware of what a selfie is (and Instagram sealed the deal), it’s become both a running joke on social media and a social norm. Today, there are cameras on every smart phone making photography portable and utterly easy, so sharing our life events (including our selfies) has become a daily task. With the introduction of the front forward camera, the progression of social media and various photo apps, it was only natural that the selfie would progress too. READ MORE

Spring Trends For Summer Wear

By Helen Ray
March 31, 2014 - 1:10pm

As college students, it can be difficult to remain on top of the current trends, especially when restricted to a college budget. A good way to remain fashionable, while not breaking the bank, is to invest in trendy pieces that you can wear throughout the year. When maintaining a fashionable appearance, it’s all about being creative with your wardrobe and figuring out how to wear the same piece from day to night and through different seasons. To make things easier Her Campus has picked out our favorite springs trends that we know will also look great in the summer time. READ MORE

4 Inspired Oscar Looks You Can Wear In Real Life

By Christen Roberts
March 27, 2014 - 11:00am

After viewing one of the best dressed events on prime-time television, many of us are in awe of all the stunning looks seen on the red carpet for the 86th Academy Awards in the Dolby Theatre. As college students, we can only imagine the price tags on some of our favorite picks. Let's try making things a lot easier by getting inspired by the flashy looks and spending smart on a budget.  For those fashion focused gals out there, we all hope that we can one day see ourselves in the top name brands such as Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent, standing beside a nice piece of arm candy. Wait for it ladies, our time awaits! 1. Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena: "Pretty in Pink" READ MORE...

5 Shows To Binge Watch This Weekend

By Anabella Tourkaman
March 20, 2014 - 12:53pm

The winter premiers of all your favorite shows are in full swing! Before it gets too warm to relax inside, check out these popular TV shows to accompany you while you're lounging around this weekend. Pretty Little Liars  (ABC Family) If you like mystery-thriller teen dramas, then Pretty Little Liars is for you! Based off of the popular books by Sara Shepard, four girls try to solve the mystery of their best friend’s “death” and the strange events that occur in their every day lives. PLL’s current season is crazier than ever with plot twists that no one saw coming. READ MORE

Things You Need To Do Before You Graduate

By Katie Barlow
March 5, 2014 - 9:23am

Now that I’m a senior and my four years of college are rapidly coming to end (someone please hand me tissues), I’ve been reminiscing on the best things I’ve done and what I still need to accomplish in my remaining time. Once graduating college, certain actions become less acceptable, so it’s best to take as much advantage of your college years as possible. So read on, and get ready to make your college bucket list! Run through the Mason fountain. Admit it—we’ve all thought about it, especially on those brutal hot days in August and May. So why not? Pick a nice day, and go for it! I also recommend taking pictures, or no one will believe you. READ MORE

How To Beat The Mid-Semester Blues

By Bri Perry
February 24, 2014 - 9:51am

The middle of a semester can be the harshest part of the year. Classes are in full-swing, spring break isn't quite here, and the bitter winter turns the brief walk onto campus into an expedition. I’m known for slipping into the winter blues, retreating from social activity until midterms. However, I’ve whipped up some fun ideas, so grab a couple of friends and crawl out from the cushions in your couch. The change in pace can be exactly what you need this time of year! Rock climb READ MORE