Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Features

World Events Update: Ebola & Ukraine-Russia

By Caroline Chisolm
October 20, 2014 - 9:30am

World Update George Mason students' have gotten a lot of bad press since the school year began after Dan Joseph from the Media Research Center came to campus to see how many students would sign a petition supporting the terrorist organization ISIS. He managed to get thirteen signatures in one hour. READ MORE

Director Justin Simien Talks 'Dear White People'

By Anabella Tourkaman
October 13, 2014 - 9:30am

I had the wonderful opportunity to interview Justin Simien, the writer, director and producer of the breakthrough film, Dear White People. We met in Georgetown, at the Public Relations offices of PR Collaborative to go in depth about his first movie and why film plays an important role in his life. What inspired you to create this film? READ MORE

DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte!

By Laura Woods
October 7, 2014 - 9:30am

Fall is here, and us ladies know what that means! Leggings with knee-high boots, lovely scarves in every color (seriously, though, the fashion is wonderful), and pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING never gets old. Even pumpkin-flavored lip gloss is a thing now… Please tell me I’m not the only one intrigued? There has been a staple in every 20-somethings diet come every Autumn, the wonderful Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. It never gets old. But did you know that you can actually make this DIY in your apartment/dorm for way less and yummier (with real pumpkin)! READ MORE

A Basic Girl's Guide To Fall

By Alexandra Connole
September 29, 2014 - 10:30am

It is nearing the end of September, fall is finally here, and cooler weather will be kicking in! For most girls, this is way more exciting than necessary. In the world of basic-ness, fall is the best season of them all. The leaves are turning, the weather is no longer deathly hot, and pumpkin spice lattes are back! Now, if you still aren't sure you are prepared for the upcoming season, here is a list of what every basic girl needs in order to be ready for fall.  1. Leggings The first, and most obvious thing that every basic girl needs to take on the cooler temperatures are leggings. You either love them or hate them, but they will always be more comfortable than jeans and they're super versatile.  ...

The Uproar Heard Around Campus: Mason Dining

By CJ Ruley
September 23, 2014 - 9:30am

Food: The source of nourishment required for people to live, grow, and create energy.   READ MORE

The Bistro: Mason's Hidden Gem

By Courtney Spencer
September 15, 2014 - 10:30am

Mason Dining has gone through many changes since we have been back at school. The includes the closing of some of our favorites, (HotSpot & Gold Rush), and confusing hours of operation changes. But there is still one thing that stays constant: The Bistro. The Bistro, located on the ground floor of the Johnson Center, continues to be a staple among professors and students alike. It has quality food and great choices without the crowded feel of Southside or the lines. Many people simply don’t know about it at all. When you go to the ground floor of the JC to other buildings or the new Starbucks that just opened look in the corner adjacent from that and you will see the Bistro (it is easy to miss). ...

9 Childhood Cartoons That Got It Right

By Cierra Bundy
September 8, 2014 - 10:30am

I know I'm not the only college student that finds old episodes of cartoons online and spends an entire Sunday night watching them in the privacy of my dorm. Other than reviving the inner child, these childhood classics serve a far greater purpose that we may just now be picking up on. The creators of our favorite shows dropped some hardcore knowledge in subtle elementary dialog that would be relatable for decades to come. This is for all the times our parents told us not to sit too close to the TV set.  READ MORE

The Do's And Don'ts Of Sorority Recruitment

By Haley McComber
September 1, 2014 - 9:30am

Recruitment is right around the corner and girls on campus are buzzing with excitement! For someone participating in sorority recruitment for the first time, it can be a nerve wracking experience. I still remember when I first went through recruitment and I was worried I would say the wrong thing or wear the wrong thing. Recruitment shouldn’t be a stressful time; it should be fun and exciting starting this new chapter in your life! To ease some of the stresses of recruitment, I created a list of do’s and don’ts that will ensure recruitment is smooth sailing for you. READ MORE

3 Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad In Milan

By Megan Bisson
August 25, 2014 - 10:30am

As someone who is a recent veteran of studying abroad, I can honestly say it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Of course you want to study abroad, but the first question is where: and I’m here to tell you the beautiful, bustling city of Milan is the perfect place. Here’s a list of three reasons why Milan rocks! Weekend & Day Trips READ MORE

The Perfect Packing Playlist

By Courtney Spencer
August 18, 2014 - 9:30am

Summer is coming to an end, which means school is just around the corner! Moving back to school usually entails one of the most dreaded tasks of all: packing. If you hate packing as much as I do, then you're in luck! Below you'll find the perfect playlist to keep you pumped and motivated in order to begin the packing process. Hopefully this playlist will eliminate any stress that comes along with moving back on campus.  Alt-J – Dissolve Me READ MORE