Mr. George Mason Freshman 2015 Contestant- Mitch Beal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.
Major: Undecided
Hometown: Born in San Diego, moved and grew up in Colorado Springs
Relationship Status: Single

What’s your favorite part of freshman year so far?
Being able to play the sport I love at a Division 1 school.

Favorite Quote to Live By:
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will”-Ghandi

What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I love to be outside skiing, hiking, rafting, or doing anything in the outdoors in Colorado.

Why do you think you should be Mr. George Mason Freshman 2015?
I am an all around college kid. I am an athlete and I love involving myself in college life.

Avalon Swindell Jones

George Mason University

Avalon is a senior at George Mason University, majoring in communication with a concentration in public relations and minoring in both business and electronic journalism.  She has been writing for Her Campus since fall 2011, allowing her to discover her passion for writing.  Her favorite topics to write about are relationships, embarrassing moments, and nights out.  
Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.