This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

It’s that time of the year-the trees are changing color, pumpkin flavored anything is in, your fall clothes are on point and of course midterms- basically the only bad thing about fall. Around this time period every student is coming to the realization that we are halfway through the semester which means only a couple more weeks to raise grades. Don’t worry-you are not alone! We have all been through the tears and breakdowns late night at the JC or fenwick, the procrastination, the relief when it all ends. Here are some thoughts we all go through…

1. “I have SO much time until midterms” 

2. “Wait…no I don’t I should definitely get studying”

3. When you make the wrong decision… “It’s Happy Hour at PJs!” Everyone needs to take a break between studying right??

4. “I will go and study for a couple hours and power through with no distractions”

5. *Looks at study guide* “Wow I vaguely remember 3 of these topics…we definitely did not learn that”

6. When you meet up with your study group and they all know the answers and you’re just sitting there like 

7. But on the inside you’re really feeling like this

8. Forget about finding a room or table at the JC or Fenwick

9. You retreat to your room and finally understand a little bit of the material

10. Coffe is your lifeline

11. Your brain starts to fry just a little

12. You start to realize you’re underprepared 

13. You are no longer making any sense 

14. You pull an all nighter and immediately regret it

14. Acceptance. You walk into your class and do the best you can do

15. You’re free!!!

Until Finals…..Good luck on your Midterm’s Collegiettes! And may the odds be ever in your favor…

Picture Credits: 

https://gifme.io/ 

Kayla Hanigan

George Mason University

Currently a Senior majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Mild Disabilities. A member of Alpha Phi sorority, Serengetee Campus Rep and a part of Leadership and Community Engagement LLC. Most likely found obsessing over Goats
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com