This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Name: Matt Murphy

Class: Winter 2013

Major: Criminology, Law and Society

Minor: Intelligence Analysis

Relationship Status: Taken

What do you look for in a girl? Somebody who is athletic and has a good sense of humor; I have to be able to joke around with you. Also, she definitely has to like the Redskins. We are going to have some issues if you don’t like them!

What are you involved with on campus? I am sentinel on the executive board for Phi Sigma Kappa, I’m in the criminal justice society as well.

What’s your biggest fear? Getting old. You get old and everything hurts all the time. You can’t move around like you used to. I just don’t want to get old.

Where is the coolest place that you’ve traveled to? When I was seven, I went to Munich, Germany. That’s where my favorite soccer team is from, and it was awesome. It was just a big party city, and they served their beer warm, which was kind of a cultural learning experience. I also recently went on my first cruise, which went to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel.

Have you ever had any weird injuries? Yeah! I’ve had over 10 concussions.  Also, a couple of years ago, I was skim boarding in the Outer Banks, and I broke the top of my femur where it connects to my hip. And, I was hit while playing soccer and detached 6 of my ribs from my spine.

What is one of your best memories at Mason? I’d have to say Welcome Week my freshman year. You don’t have any homework or worries.; you just got to party, and meet all of your friends and roommates. That, or getting into Phi Sig because I worked so hard to get in. Then you wear your letters into the JC…you feel like you own the place.

What’s your best pickup line? “Wow, you’re so beautiful I forgot my pickup line.”

Bri Perry

George Mason University

Since moving to DC a lot has changed for me. I love bringing people to new places and having a great time in the city.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com