To Know Him is to Love Him: Will Foreman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Meet this senior, Will Foreman from Chesapeake, Virginia! Foreman, who is majoring in Information Technology is extremely involved on campus and devoted to his tasks. Read more to find out what this busy bee really does!

HCGMU: What organizations are you involved in?
Will: I am involved in Student Involvement, the Pep Band, Brother of Pi Kappa Alpha, Former Interfraternity Council Executive Vice President, Public Relations Chair, and Philanthropy Chair of Pi Kappa Alpha. I also work two jobs, one being at student involvement and the other being an assistant manager at Foot Locker.

HCGMU: Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Will: I see myself employed at a successful company. Depending on the first two years, I may want to go back to graduate school. I want to save up money, re-evaluate my life, and then hopefully a pursue a degree in higher education.

HCGMU: How involved are you with the Student Involvement office?
Will: I have been very involved in the Student Involvement office since Summer 2010. My tasks involve lifting, building, and helping wherever is needed. I enjoy working there and has given me experience and responsibility.
HCGMU: How are you involved with pep band?
Will: I am the storage and packing crew leader and play the trombone. I have two scholarships from the band. I received one for being an excellent player and another for being a crew leader. I see myself as the most energetic one in the band. The pep band gives me the opportunity to go on several road trips and meet people from all around the country.

HCGMU: What’s one thing people should know about you?
Will: I am a very silent leader. I don’t say much but I speak up when when I see something I want to change. I believe if you’re not happy with what you hear, you have to speak up!

HCGMU: What sports do you like to participate in?  
Will: I play intramural softball, football and basketball. I also played baseball in high school.

HCGMU: What is your best memory at Mason so far?
Will: I have had so many amazing memories at Mason. It is extremely difficult to just pick one. Mason is extremely diverse, a great school, and each student has the opportunity to meet people. I am a part of many organizations, therefore it is hard to narrow down all the significant events in my eyes. Mason shaped and molded me into a better person than I could have ever imagined.

HCGMU: What is your favorite quote?
Will: My favorite quote would have to be one coach Spontak in high school said, “Strive for perfection, settle for excellence.”

HCGMU: Who is your favorite professor thus far?
Will: My favorite professor at Mason would have to be Catherine Wright. She taught my communication class freshman year. Professor Wright was compassionate and lenient with me being late to class because she would always make fun of me for it. Thankfully, I was able to pull an A in the class.

HCGMU: What is your proudest accomplishment?
Will: My proudest accomplishment would have to be gaining trust from professionals and being instilled with responsibility in general.  It can sometimes seem unreal and a bit overwhelming, but I’m thankful for the overall scope of trust in the work environment.

HCGMU: Do you plan to say in D.C. area after graduation?
Will: Yes, I plan to stay in the D.C. area after graduation because being an IT major, there are better opportunities here.

HCGMU: If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?
Will: Easy-going

HCGMU: If you had to make a senior bucket list, what would it entail?
Will: First and foremost to graduate, get a job, and get to know more peers.

HCGMU: If you could have dinner with any celebrity who would it be and what would you talk about?
Will: I would have dinner with Ken Griffey Jr., who played for the Seattle Mariners and Cincinnati Reds. He had over 600 career home runs and had one of the best strokes ever. Everything he did was effortless. I would ask him how he managed having a amazing record and how he overcame adversity and scrutiny, playing under his dad. I would also ask how he stayed professional, since it easy to get angry with press. I definitely idolized him as a baseball player growing up.

Sabel is a senior at George Mason University majoring in History and Economics. Although she'd rather stay a student forever, she is excited to see what the future brings her in the fashion industry. Besides her endeavors at HerCampus, Sabel is a Style Guru for CollegeFashionista.com writing the Style Advice of the Week column for Mason. Adding to her busy schedule are her duties in her sorority, volunteering for Operation Smile, contributing to the social media world, feeding her soda addiction, shopping at J.Crew and coloring everything around her pink. And yes, the last three are major priorities in her book.