This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Meet Jeffrey Landis! Fresman at George Mason University. Read on and get to know this campus cutie!

Name: Jeffrey Landis

Age: 18

Hometown: Carpendale, West Virginia

Major/Minor: Criminology, Law and Society/Data Analysis

Class: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

What made you choose Mason?

Honestly I had seen Mason on a few college match websites and remember even getting some things in the mail from here but never really thought much of it. It wasn’t until my aunt started talking about it that I actually started looking into it. I immediately fell in love with the campus, location, and just the environment of the entire place. I visited campus about five times before I finally committed and every time I came here it just felt right. I’m really glad my aunt talked me into checking it out. I’d really be missing out if not!

What’s you’re favorite thing about Mason?

I know this is something that everybody says, but the diversity. Coming from a small town in West Virginia that’s not even on a map (none that I’ve seen anyway), it’s safe to say that I’ve never really been “exposed” to different cultures. I remember the first week I was on campus by myself and heard all of the different languages. It was something really different for me. I really love it though. Seeing everybody interact despite the differences is awesome.

Any good study spots?

I personally love just going to the top floor of the library and finding an empty corner to study. Other than that I’m normally in my room. Anywhere silent is my best friend!

Favorite place to eat on campus?

Original Burger!! I don’t want it to go :’(

Most embarrassing thing to happen to you so far into the year?

Most definitely when I had to present a huge speech and totally blanked out as soon as I began to speak. I had the entire thing prepared a week ahead of time and practiced over and over. I ended up just repeating the same sentence for five minutes and then just going back to my seat.

How have you been involved on campus?

I’m not really a part of any clubs on campus; however I do work at ODS and I love it! It’s a really fun and relaxed place to work. The people that I work with are awesome. Just recently I volunteered for the disability awareness fair, which I think was a huge success.

Favorite memory this semester?

Ugh so many. Since I have to pick one I’d say meeting my floor mates. We all immediately became friends and it seemed as though we had known each other our whole lives. They’re awesome people that I’ve really grown to love!

Celebrity Crush?

Jennifer Lawrence. Can she just be here? Like please?

Dream job/career?

I really would like to get involved with the government. I want to be working in national security and protect from/prevent terrorist or other dangerous attacks.

What is a fun fact about you?

I wrote a complete novel by the time I was sixteen years old. Not only that but I planned out the remaining two novels in the series. Furthermore, I actually had a literary agency contact me wanting to read my manuscript. I kind of freaked out and never sent it in….

What advice would you give an incoming freshman?

Be social! Don’t be afraid to talk to random people. Everybody is just as scared and awkward as you are. The people who you are the most awkward around at first will become your best friends!

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com