This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

When I first heard about Face Halo, I was skeptical. The concept of a reusable makeup remover cloth at an affordable price sounded too good to be true. Thinking about how much waste I have contributed by throwing away makeup wipes on the daily, I thought this product sounded like a good idea. After discovering that one of my favorite YouTubers, Chloe Morello, became an ambassador for the product, I knew I had to put Face Halo to the test.

Face Halo is made of a microfiber cloth designed to remove makeup in an easy, waste-free way. Basically, the way it works is you take your face halo, soak it in water and remove your makeup. That’s literally it. In order to clean the Face Halo, you just rinse it with soap and water after every use and throw it in with your light-colored laundry once a week. When my package arrived, it came in a nice small bag, free of wasteful packaging. Inside were three face halos, all perfectly clean and white and ready to be used!

It came with a little card that includes easy instructions. All you do is soak your Face Halo in some water, and you can begin removing your makeup.

Related: I Tried It: Rubber Face Mask

Once you wet the Face Halo, it is ready to be used. When I removed my makeup, I used light pressure and ran it all around my face. I made sure to give extra attention to tougher makeup like mascara so that I was sure I got it all removed.

Overall, this product is an amazing way to remove your makeup fast and carefree. Even on tougher makeup like mascara and matte liquid lipstick, the Face Halo takes it off like a dream.

When you order online, you receive three Face Halo cloths for only $22. I would recommend this product to anyone who wears makeup, wants a fast and easy makeup removal perfect for on the go, or wants to make a difference in their ecological footprint. This is such an amazing and innovative product!

Sarah Larios

George Mason University '21

Sarah is a Senior at George Mason University where she is majoring in Global Affairs with a concentration in Media, Communication, & Culture. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at George Mason, previously serving as the Senior Editor and Marketing & Publicity Director. When she’s not editing articles, she can be found working as a Communications Intern, hiking in Shenandoah National Park, playing with makeup, or spending time with her husband.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com