How To: Make The Most of Your Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

If you’re anything like me you are probably already feeling like time is slipping away. Only a month into my junior year, and I am already thinking about how quickly each semester, month, and even every week is coming and going. It’s hard to find time to just enjoy the present moment and appreciate it for what it is. So I want to share some ways I’m trying to balance school, work, and fun!

Multi-TaskContinuing that thought, do a little of everything you need and want. Who says you can’t do your assigned reading and run on the treadmill? Not only does multitasking get two or three things done at once but it gives you the luxury of free time later on to finally do something new or in reality just catch up on sleep.

Don’t Turn Down EventsEveryone finds themselves saying no to something simply because we’ve done it before or it’s not super appealing. But these may be your last opportunities to do these things for a long time, or ever.Tthink about the amount of time you have left to spend so carefree. With each year going by, we get more responsibilities and fewer chances to enjoy these college years.

Invite the Party To YouSo you’re friends want to go out for the night but you have to wake up early and don’t think you should make the drive? Have the girls come over & turn your living room into a social club of it’s own. You get the comfort & closeness of staying in (not to mention saving money on parking and overpriced entrance fees), all while not having to deal with FOMO for yet another weekend.

Step Out of Your Comfort ZoneThat being said; invest what time you have left in things worthy of it. If you’re only free for five hours on Wednesday, why spend that time being around people you don’t enjoy or continuing your repetitive schedule? There are only so many days left to make new memories and try something for the first time. It’s never too late to branch into a new group of friends or do something spontaneous. Well, technically, some day it will be too late, but not yet!

photoshttp://wholisticfitliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/hour-glass.jpgh…

Cierra Bundy

George Mason University

Cierra is a senior at George Mason University majoring in psychology. Other than working for Her Campus, Cierra is involved in Active Minds and is an enthusiastic sports fan. Although originally from Florida, Cierra has grown up mostly in a small town in the Shenandoah Valley. In her free time, Cierra loves finding new music, reading, writing, and trying new workouts.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com