This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Now that Greek Week is over we can all take a step back and laugh about the insanity that has just occurred. All of the tears, laughter, painting, dancing, and hard work is finally over and hopefully will become a memory you will cherish for a lifetime. Some people don’t quite understand Greek life and like to make fun of what we do, but from first hand experience as a Mason Greek, I have to say Greek life is pretty great. Yes, we get competitive during Greek Week, but who wouldn’t? We’ve been working for months on skits, dances, props, banners and tug-a-war skills-it’s like you’ve been in season all semester and this is the championship game.

But all the competitiveness aside, win or lose each organization is brought together through Greek Week. Staying up late and working with the other organizations you are paired with definitely brings about a lot of friendships you may not have found before. The whole week also raises tons of money, donates items to those who need, and brings awareness to some awesome charities such as Habitat for Humanity. In case you are still a little lost on the whole subject, here are some parts from 30 Rock that exemplify the crazy range of emotions that is Greek Week.

When Greek Week themes and groups are announced:

Meeting up with who you are paired with for the first time:

The moment you realize all of the work you have to do crammed into a month and a half:

How you feel every morning after Greek Sing practice when you are running on no sleep:

When someone gets a little to excited about being in the spotlight:

When you have been around paint in an enclosed room for way too long and the fumes may be getting to you:

Those late night snacks because you’ve been up all night and this is your only chance for food:

Getting a whole bunch donations:

Realizing someone else has done something better than you and you aren’t going to get first place:

Getting prepared for Greek Sing:

When the lights turn on stage for Greek Sing and you realize that almost all of Greek life is watching:

When it is all over and you can finally sleep and knowing you worked hard and it is all done:

Knowing that you have made friendships and memories you will never forget:

Alexandra Connole

George Mason University

Chi Omega Fraternity member and Chipotle lover. 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com