Gabriella Ebeling: An Aspiring Graphic Designer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Gabriella Ebeling is a sophomore in George Mason University’s Bachelor in Fine Arts program. George Mason University’s Fine Arts program is an “intensive 120-credit studio production program emphasizes analytical, creative, and experiential aspects of studio and new media art. Each student is given a background in aesthetic and analytical judgment, the ethical framework for professional practice, the confidence to be both self-reliant and collaborative, and the mastery of design and production necessary to thrive as a professional artist in a competitive global environment.”

In her two years here at Mason, she has gotten involved in different programs and experiences that have shaped her into the woman she is today. She has been involved as the main Graphic Designer for a senior film case documentary, she is a photographer for Alpha Phi and is planning on studying abroad at DIS in Denmark. Take a look at some of her artwork below and the thought process behind her pieces!

1. This piece was inspired by her studies in peace and pacifism

Gabriella Ebeling: I tried finding reasons of why war is okay or just and couldn’t come up with a solid reason. Then I decided to do something positive because that was my best conclusion; the world needs more positivity. This piece has multiple symbols of peace, some from ideas of my own and some as world symbols

2. She made this piece in a graphic design class

GE: It was inspired by the 60s era mixed in with a modern trend, Netflix. I wanted to make is look groovy and fun yet still be a cool advertisement for Netflix.

3. Through her studies in global warming, she had a strong want to incorporate the problems we are creating in the environment through pollution in her work

GE: For my non-ad project I decided to focus on pollution particularly the United States. I wanted the ad to be attractive to the younger generation in order to inspire future change so I used the saying “it’s lit” to describe the burning of coal. I added more detail about how inefficient our use of coal is.

Related: 3 Tips for Studying Abroad

Ebeling has visited Copenhagen, Denmark three times since her time in college. 

“I really enjoyed the more relaxed culture Denmark has. I also enjoyed the different architecture in comparison to America’s and the history behind many of the buildings,” she says. 

Kayla Hanigan

George Mason University

Currently a Senior majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Mild Disabilities. A member of Alpha Phi sorority, Serengetee Campus Rep and a part of Leadership and Community Engagement LLC. Most likely found obsessing over Goats