This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Anyone else devastated about the 1D news? Did you check Wikipedia and see “past members”? In the denial stage of grief, listening to the recent album Four and telling yourself that the boys official page has been hacked? Grab your tissues and comfort food because it is all true. Zayn Malik, 22, has parted ways with his career in One Direction.

Yesterday he made a statement about his departure and has left many of his fans, in addition to bandmate Harry Styles, in tears. Some fans have even deleted their fan pages, which they dedicate their lives to. Just a week ago, Malik was given permission to take leave for stress related reasons which may have led to his heart wrenching decision. Now his statement claims that he just wants to live life like a normal guy and have his privacy back.

The band will perform the rest of their world tour, On the Road Again, as a four member group. The boys, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan are also deeply saddened by Zayn’s decision, but they all support him 100 percent. The fandom knew that the boys would not be together forever, but after five years, was this all too soon?

Other questions that I think we all want to know: Will the band still be called One Direction? Will they get a new member or try to make light of the situation and remain a foursome? Will there be a reunion concert?

Until we get our answers, we’ll just have to accept Zayn for what he is: human. This must have been a tough life decision and we should respect his choice. But we’re not going to lie, we’ll miss you Zayn Malik but of course, we wish you the best!

**Here are some pictures that will help you cope with Zayn’s departure! Even if it’s hard, there will be at least one picture here that will make you laugh and feel a little better. The boys always made light of serious situations, and this doesn’t have to be different! ** 

photo: www.fringuesdeseries.com

Elizabeth Whitehead

George Mason University

Hello everyone, Queen Elizabeth here! I am a junior here at GMU and I am majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations. I am currently a memeber of Noteworthy, GMU's only all female A Cappella group, Mason Players, and a few more organizations. I love fashion and setting my own trends, #fashionista. My ultimate dream is to be a famous, professional pop singer and sing along with some of the world's best pop artists like Rihanna and Beyonce. I am currently writing music and working on an EP album! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @ladybea95 and my singing IG if you would like @lizzybea.br. Last but not least, I love One Direction, so they have taken over my social life. The End!
Courtney Spencer

George Mason University

Courtney is a Public Relations major at GMU and the Editor for Her Campus here. She hails from Chesapeake, Virginia, the #3 most boring city in the country. As a sophomore, she has already achieved #1 A-list fame in the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game. As a Junior, she has already achieved a twitter follow from Aly and AJ, so basically her life is set. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she can be found on Tumblr, Instagram, or Twitter probably droning on about Harry Styles or puppies (but not all the time so follow me! @cspencerr). If you see her around campus, don't be shy, say hi!
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com