Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Celebrities

Meghan Ello

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 11, 2014 - 9:34am

I got the chance to interview Meghan Ello, a freshman at George Mason. She is majoring in Community Health with a concentration in Nutrition. Meghan hopes to make a change in people's lives, so they can lead a healthy and happy life. In addition to promoting a healthy lifestyle, Meghan is active in the Mason community and in Greek life on campus. This outgoing, fun-loving young lady is a sister of Gamma Phi Beta and supports her sisters every step of the way. Check out our interview, as she gives valuable advice to incoming freshmen and tells us what she loves about Mason!  How has your first year at Mason been like? READ MORE

Devin Humphreys

By Helen Ray
March 21, 2014 - 9:48am

Devin Humphreys is not your typical sorority girl. Her favorite color is camo, she’s a superb athlete, and she can be found rocking a highlighter vest patrolling campus as a Police Cadet. Devin’s spunky attitude is necessary to fuel her fast pace life. She’s the president of Club Lacrosse, a Chi Omega, and is well on her way towards her goal of being a first responder. We were lucky enough to snag a few minutes of Devin’s very busy schedule to ask her a few questions about balancing the life of a college student and member of law enforcement. What activities are you involved in on campus? READ MORE

Avis Shackelford

By Christen Roberts
February 27, 2014 - 3:40pm

At the young age of 21, Avis Shackelford, a public relations major has done quite a lot for herself at George Mason University. She is a spry and career-savvy lady, who has a bright future ahead of her. We could all learn a few tips on how to manage a busy schedule, while maintaining above a 3.0 grade point average from her. Keep up the good work Avis, we wish you all the best! What made you choose George Mason? READ MORE

Courtney Schooley

By Caroline Chisolm
February 21, 2014 - 11:41am

Although Courtney Schooley’s time at Mason is coming to a close as a senior, she is definitely leaving a name for herself. On top of being an excellent student and an active member of her sorority, Alpha Phi, she is now one of the first hosts for Morning Mason, GMU’s live streamed internet show! She has taken some time to sit down with HC GMU to give us an interview before she becomes famous. How did you first get involved with Morning Mason? READ MORE

Chelsea Norman

By Bri Perry
January 30, 2014 - 9:00am

Hometown: Richmond, VA Status: Senior READ MORE

Alex Amland

By Bri Perry
December 10, 2013 - 9:38am

I first met Alex when she returned from study abroad in Europe and replaced a roommate of mine who had graduated in the winter. After a semester abroad in the Netherlands, adjusting to life in the states again was different for her, and we became close friends discussing our lives and goals. Since we’ve met, she has continued to inspire me with her dedication to academia and her career. READ MORE

Collegiette On Capitol Hill: Lauren Stanford

By Katie Barlow
December 2, 2013 - 9:03am

Year: Senior Major: Communication Lauren Stanford has some big dreams in mind—and she’s well on her way to achieving them. Since the beginning of fall semester, Lauren has been interning on Capitol Hill, a dream for anyone interested in working for the government. She wants to continue on this path after graduation and will do whatever it takes to be successful. HC: Tell me a little bit about your internship. READ MORE

Jasmine Young

By Nia King
November 15, 2013 - 9:40am

Watch out everyone! Jasmine Young, this week’s campus celebrity, is preparing to become one of the country’s future movers and shakers of society. Whether she wants to be a Supreme Court judge or the first woman to become President of the United States, Jasmine has the drive and passion to make all of her dreams come true. Here’s a little information about a girl who is on her way to taking the world by storm!    Major: Integrative Studies with a concentration in legal studies; minor in communication.  Year: 2014 Hometown: Chesapeake, VA READ MORE

Host Of The Annual Red Alert Fashion Show, Delesia Watson

By Taren Henry
November 8, 2013 - 2:40pm

George Mason University Alumni and current Miss Bronx 2013, Delesia Watson will be hosting this year's annual Red Alert: Fashion Show on Saturday, November 23 from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. in Dewberry Hall. Find out more information about Watson and her tips for success below!   GMU Class Year: 2012 Major: Communication  Graduate School: New York University (finishing up her last year) Extra curriculars: I enjoy Broadway shows, volunteering with children, a good book, and bargain shopping.   READ MORE

Kathleen Wills

By Katie Barlow
October 24, 2013 - 9:22am

Year: Junior Major: Neuroscience Kathleen Wills is an inspiration for every GMU student. Not only does she have one of the most difficult majors, but she is also an active sister of Gamma Phi Beta sorority, coached a contestant for Zeta’s Big Man On Campus pageant, works for MasonRec, PatriotLife & the Center for Teaching Excellence, and is also one of the founding members of the TedxGeorgeMasonU conferences!  READ MORE