Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Celebrities

Campus Celebrity: Liza Rosa

By Laura Woods
October 14, 2014 - 9:30am

Name: Liza Rosa Major: English, concentrating in Linguistics, with a Minor in Biology Year: Junior Hometown: Born in Bayamon, Puerto Rico and raised in Roanoke, VA Organizations/Clubs Liza is a part of: Hispanic Students Association, GMU Debate Team Novice, and I work for the Early Identification Program I love EIP because I am able to help students who are currently going through the same situation I did as a first generation college student! Post-Graduation Plans: To hit up Law School for Corporate Law! READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Ariel Kalotkin

By Elizabeth Whitehead
October 8, 2014 - 9:30am

Meet Ariel! She is a sophomore here at George Mason, majoring in Psychology, thinking of going pre-med, and becoming a pediatrician. She is a sister of Alpha Xi Delta sorority and is a part of the Hillel organization on campus. Ariel is the life of the party and you can always come to her if you are in need of a good laugh!   HC: What is something crazy you have done this summer? AK: This summer I flew around the world! I went from Israel to Thailand, to Australia, to New Zealand, and then back to America.   HC: What is your favorite place to visit? READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Rondene Grinam

By Julianne Woodson
October 3, 2014 - 10:30am

READ MORE

Kate Tangeman

By Megan Bisson
September 17, 2014 - 10:30am

Year: Senior Hometown: Winter Park, Florida Meet Kate Tangeman. Kate in one word can be described as driven—whether that’s on the lacrosse field or in the classroom. Kate excels at being a Division 1 athlete and living a healthy lifestyle. With Kate's busy schedule, I was able to catch up with this week's Campus Celebrity and get the scoop on what she has planned for her last two semesters at Mason. Her Campus: What’s it like being a Student-Athlete? READ MORE

Kathleen Pine

By Avalon Swindell Jones
September 10, 2014 - 10:30am

With a mantra like “singing, shopping, and socializing,” Kathleen Pine is a character.  When I first met her, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.  I quickly learned she had two very different sides.  One is the loud, Jersey girl who says exactly what she is thinking, bringing a room to tears of laughter.  The other side to Kathleen is the workaholic, who strives to get what she wants.  READ MORE

Jessica Owens

By Kaylyn Wadley
September 5, 2014 - 10:30am

Jessica Owens is a fly young lady, who enjoys writing frequently, never ceases not to dress to impress, has a brilliant and inclusive mindset and plans to bring change to the field of social work with her innovative mind. I'm sure you've seen her around campus with the latest 5-panel strapback and bowtie to match. She embodies individuality and her style is her own.  Year: Class of 2016 Major: Double major in Psychology and Social Work HC: What is your involvement on campus? READ MORE

Jennelyn Tanedo

By Katie Barlow
April 24, 2014 - 9:50am

Year: Sophomore Major: Nursing This Masonette is a student to remember! In addition to being accepting into Mason’s competitive nursing program, Jennelyn Tanedo is an active dance team member and sister of Gamma Phi Beta sorority. Tanedo is full of passion and is well on her way to achieving her dreams. HC: How long have you been a dancer? Tanedo: I started when I was 4 years old, so I’ve been dancing for 15 years. READ MORE

Meghan Ello

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 11, 2014 - 9:34am

I got the chance to interview Meghan Ello, a freshman at George Mason. She is majoring in Community Health with a concentration in Nutrition. Meghan hopes to make a change in people's lives, so they can lead a healthy and happy life. In addition to promoting a healthy lifestyle, Meghan is active in the Mason community and in Greek life on campus. This outgoing, fun-loving young lady is a sister of Gamma Phi Beta and supports her sisters every step of the way. Check out our interview, as she gives valuable advice to incoming freshmen and tells us what she loves about Mason!  How has your first year at Mason been like? READ MORE

Devin Humphreys

By Helen Ray
March 21, 2014 - 9:48am

Devin Humphreys is not your typical sorority girl. Her favorite color is camo, she’s a superb athlete, and she can be found rocking a highlighter vest patrolling campus as a Police Cadet. Devin’s spunky attitude is necessary to fuel her fast pace life. She’s the president of Club Lacrosse, a Chi Omega, and is well on her way towards her goal of being a first responder. We were lucky enough to snag a few minutes of Devin’s very busy schedule to ask her a few questions about balancing the life of a college student and member of law enforcement. What activities are you involved in on campus? READ MORE

Avis Shackelford

By Christen Roberts
February 27, 2014 - 3:40pm

At the young age of 21, Avis Shackelford, a public relations major has done quite a lot for herself at George Mason University. She is a spry and career-savvy lady, who has a bright future ahead of her. We could all learn a few tips on how to manage a busy schedule, while maintaining above a 3.0 grade point average from her. Keep up the good work Avis, we wish you all the best! What made you choose George Mason? READ MORE