This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Our latest Campus Cutie is a gym rat with a soft spot for man’s four-legged best friend. Kenneth Genalo, a Staten Island native, is a brother of Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE), a snowboarder, and a real Arnold Palmer on the green.  At 6’2″with a killer tan, you’ve probably seen this cutie around campus! 

Year: Junior 

Major: Global Affairs 

Hometown: Staten Island, NY

Relationship Status: Taken (by the beautiful brunette pictured below)  

Kenneth with his puppy, Bella 

Why Mason?

I love DC and wanted to be close to the city.  Plus GW was too expensive…

Favorite memory at Mason?

Beach weeeeeeek 2015! We went to Ocean City and would just hang out on the beach all day, drink, play sports, drink, have dinner, drink, and repeat. 

Favorite place to eat on campus?

Manhattan Pizza

Kenneth with his siblings and dogs at his home near Lake Anna 

What activities are you involved in on campus and what are your hobbies?

I’m in PIKE, but other than that I love snowboarding in the winter and golf during the spring and summer.  Oh! And I work at Oh George Restaurant at University Mall…feel free to come in and request me ;)

Ideal date?

Since it’s nice out definitely an outdoor activity like hiking or kayaking, or golf, and then finish the night off with dinner.  I wouldn’t want to take a girl to Oh George since I work there and get a discount…that might be kind of cheesy.  I’d definitely take a girl to a place like Sweetwater or Coastal Flats. 

Qualities you look for in a girl?

The trifecta…wicked smart, sociable, and hygienic! But it never hurts if she’s Italian…

Kenneth with his fraternity brother, Merwan Benamor (who can’t snowboard)

Do you have any strange talents?

I can talk to Dogs!

What’s your favorite quote?

I actually keep it in my phone, “it is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.” -Joseph Joubert

But of course I’ll balance that out with a Spongebob quote…”Being grown up is boring, besides, I don’t get jazz.” -Patrick Starr 

What’s something most people don’t know about you?

Well most people know that I’m Italian, but I’m actually part Syrian too! 

Kenneth snowboarding on Mont Tremblant in Canada with his friend, Colin Virag 

Be on the lookout for Kenny on the third floor of the new Fenwick Library where he enjoys studying.  You’re most likely to find him repping his home state in Rangers, Giants, or Mets gear!

*photos courtesy of Kenneth Genalo

Holly Rhue

George Mason University

Holly was previously the Branded Content Editor at Her Campus Media, working on the national edit team to create engaging native editorial and social content for brands that HerCampus.com readers love! Her Beauty & Travel writing has been featured on Cosmopolitan.com, MarieClaire.com, and ELLE.com, where she was previously the digital publication's Editorial Fellow and Weekend Editor right out of college. Once upon a time, she led her own Her Campus chapter at George Mason University (go Patriots!).
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com