This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Meet Brandon Riddle, a true knight in shining armor at George Mason University!

Hometown: I’m a military brat. I grew up in Atlanta, Georgia and live in Springfield, Virginia

What brings you to Mason: Being a Government and International Politics major, Mason is in the backyard of government and politics. Also, I knew of the great student organizations that are here and it’s close to home.

What inspired you to study Government and International Politics: I recently discovered in the Second Vatican Council that the Catholic Church teaches that the greatest form of service to people is through public service and basically promoting a culture in which you care for other people and wanting the best out of other people. With government being the head of service, implementing those values of wanting what’s best for others in a government atmosphere is what inspired me.

What are some of the student organizations you’re involved in: I am a part of Catholic Campus Ministry, the Alexander Hamilton Society, the Knights of Columbus, and I play Club Baseball in the fall and spring.

Tell us more about the Knights of Columbus and your role: The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic fraternity founded in 1882 by Father Michael J. McGivney. In this fraternity, he wanted to promote men to follow the pillars of charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism. I’m the Grand Knight, so basically I’m the head honcho. I delegate and make a lot of decisions for the council. Anything that the council does, on and off campus or in service of the community, I am the one that decides what happens and what goes on.

How long have you been playing baseball: I’ve been playing since I was six. It’s the best sport ever. It’s a beautiful game, and there’s a reason why it’s called America’s past time. There’s no clock in baseball. You’re given the opportunity to make the play, whereas not having the clock to decide for you.

What’s your favorite spot on campus: All of campus, really. As long as I’m on campus, there are great things happening and I want to see as much of it as I can; So, I’m not held down to one spot in particular.

What do you think it means to be a man: I think being a man means  to love others and to bring what’s best out of other people. Also, as St. John Paul II said, “It is the duty of every man to uphold the dignity of every woman.”

What do you look for in a girl: A girl who inspires me to be the best version of myself, a girl who always sees the good in others, and a girl who’s not afraid to be herself and have fun.

Anything else you want readers to know: Don’t be afraid to say hi to me!

You heard him, ladies and gentlemen—don’t be afraid to say hi to this cutie if you see him around campus!

Juliane Veloso

George Mason University

Juliane is a Her Campus alumna. She started her time in HC as a Writer for HC George Mason. Her passion for HC led her to work on the National level as a Campus Expansion Assistant, Campus Correspondent, Chapter Advisor, and Viral Content Writer. Juliane is now a Digital Strategist for a Fortune 500 company. Follow her on Instagram: @julianemariev
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com