This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Jacky Spalding is a walking anomaly.  She’s a double major, Provost Scholar, Honor’s College student, finance teaching assistant, a two time all Atlantic 10 conference lacrosse player, and at the same time manages to balance a social life as well. Walking around campus with Jacky is like being at the grocery store with your mom… having to stop every three minutes to talk to a friend. Like seriously, how does this girl know everyone? And an even better question, how does she manage to do it all?

What’s a typical week in the life of Jacky Spalding like?

Extremely busy to say the least. A normal day for me usually starts around 7:30 AM with some homework, and then I am at the field house from 10-3, class till 6, and then home for some more homework! I make a few minutes here and there to eat and see friends… lol.

How do you manage to balance such great academics, athletics, and a social life?

Time management has become such a huge part of my life in college and is so critical in being able to balance everything. Having time to have fun and be with my friends is so important to me because it really helps me de-stress.

With so many academic and athletic accolades, does it just suck to be your sibling?

HAHA, it might suck to be my sibling, but not for those reasons… maybe more for like eating all the cookies and controlling the TV remote. Shoutout to Mitchell and Jason Spalding.

What is your favorite part about being a student-athlete here at Mason?

My teammates. It is awesome to be surrounded by such an amazing group of girls every day, that know what you are going through and will always have your back!

How do you keep yourself motivated and held to such a high standard?

Well, it started in elementary school when my mom told me I could get my ears pierced if I got straight As.. and eventually I just began expecting that out of myself every semester (B’s actually scare me now…) I really love all the doors having good grades has opened for me!

Are there any other skills you have that not many people know about?

I actually came into school an art major before switching to a finance and marketing double major. I really love to draw, and have even drawn (and am in the process of drawing) some of my friend’s tattoos. I also love to cook!

Favorite non-school/non-lacrosse related past time?

I really love to travel! One of my favorite trips (… it was through lacrosse so I’m not sure if this counts lol) was all around England and Wales. I had the most amazing host family and made so many friends. I really hope to be able to travel a lot more in my future!

Images belong to gomason.com and Erin Anderson.

Lindsey Tangeman

George Mason University

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com