Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Blog

10 Cutes Puppies In Halloween Costumes

By Laura Woods
October 21, 2014 - 9:00am

1. This adorable Chihuahua dressed up like a little bear. 2. This sweet puppy as Harry Potter! 3. This little "Spellhound!" READ MORE

Spirit Violations At Mason

By Courtney Spencer
October 15, 2014 - 9:30am

On Fridays we wear green and gold. BUT if you don’t, you can possibly get hit by the infamous spirit violation. The spirit violation is a bookmark sized notice that people in golf carts give out throughout campus. Each violation can give you a discount at the school store to purchase mason gear (or anything in the bookstore).  READ MORE

Back-To-School Survival Kit

By Anabella Tourkaman
October 6, 2014 - 9:58am

Her Campus has sent chapters across the nation fabulous Back-to-School Survival Kits! The products in our boxes range from BOGO Chipotle cards to Garnier skin care! It's a pretty awesome kit that came in handy at the beginning of this rough semester! Below you'll see the products we've received from our awesome sponsors and a little explanation of each. If you like what you see, be sure to try out these awesome products. We will also be hosting a giveaway for some of these products so be on the lookout on our Facebook page.  READ MORE

GMU Field Hockey: Play For Pink

By Alison Peterson
September 30, 2014 - 9:30am

The GMU Club Field Hockey team is hosting a tournament on October 4th, 2014 to help raise money for the National Foundation for Cancer Research. Because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the theme of the tournament will be PINK. The games start at 11:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m., so be sure to make it out to the RAC field!  At least year's tournament, the field hockey team held a bake sale, sold bracelets, and t-shirts, and donated all the proceeds to help further cancer research. The field hockey team is just getting started with their season, and the PINK tournament is a great way for students and faculty to come out and show their support! Entry to the game is free, but spectators are encouraged to give what they can to the National...

Dear White People

By Kaylyn Wadley
September 22, 2014 - 9:30am

The fall semester is rapidly approaching. Before you know it we’ll be faced with falling temperatures and rising piles of books. For most, stress levels will be just a little higher than in previous months, but that comes with the territory of being a college student. As we all know, college is not solely about gaining knowledge from an academic standpoint. Interactions with various individuals of racial and ethnic backgrounds that may differ from our own give us a better understanding of the world. READ MORE

Madewell + HC GMU Back-To-School Bash

By Anabella Tourkaman
September 15, 2014 - 9:46am

Her Campus George Mason and Madewell are teaming up to throw the best exclusive shopping event of the semester! Join us at the Madewell in Tyson's Corner Mall on Friday, September 26th from 3:00-6:00 p.m. Madewell will be providing: Sips and sweets for guests A special raffle prize Exclusive event discounts with your Mason ID $20 off your jean purchase at Madewell when you donate a pair of your jeans to their jeans drive Make sure you join our Facebook event page for more information on the event! Invite your Mason friends too! Happy Shopping! READ MORE

3 Drugstore Makeup Must-Haves

By Alison Peterson
September 11, 2014 - 10:30am

Good makeup is hard to find. Cheap makeup is even harder. But it is so much easier than you think! When stocking up on makeup, a lot of girls think they need to run to the closest Sephora and drop all of their summer savings on one tube of lipstick and a small bottle of foundation. But what if I told you that everything you need to gear up for school could be found right down the street--and for a fraction of the price? 1. Eyes: Almay Intense i-Color Kit READ MORE

5 Movies To See This Fall

By Kaylyn Wadley
September 2, 2014 - 10:30am

Fall is here and movies are headed your way! Sometimes it's easier to sit in your dorm and watch Netflix all day, but take some off and head to the movie theater! Grab a couple friends, eat some popcorn, and check out some of the must see movies of the year!  Fury April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany. Jimi: All Is by My Side READ MORE...

4 YouTubers Everyone Needs To Subscribe To

By Courtney Spencer
August 27, 2014 - 10:30am

YouTube can be interesting, fun, or quiet annoying if you don't subsribe to the right channels. It's important to follow channels that you enjoy in order to make your YouTube viewing experience better! Below you'll find four unique channels that are worth subscribing to today! Blogilates/Blogilatestv: 1,986,872 subscribers These two channels feature Cassey Ho, a fitness model and trainer. She makes YouTube videos about pilates workouts, fitness/health tips, and special food recipes.  Her most popular videos come from her POPilates segment where she sets certain muscle-targeted workouts to catchy, popular songs! This channel makes it fast and fun to be healthy. READ MORE

Budget Friendly Planners For A Smooth Semester

By Anabella Tourkaman
August 19, 2014 - 9:30am

The fall semester is finally here, which means piles of schoolwork, long hours at your job or internship, and volunteering for extracurricular activities. Staying on top of things can be deemed impossible and overwhelming. Don’t let your busy schedule trump your semester. Let planners and agendas do all the work for you! Tracking assignments, appointments, deadlines, and events will be easier than ever. The constant use of a planner will come in handy once you enter the “real world.” Being an organized collegiette doesn’t have to boring, check out these adorable and affordable planners suited to fit your needs! READ MORE