Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Blog

Budget Friendly Planners For A Smooth Semester

By Anabella Tourkaman
August 19, 2014 - 9:30am

The fall semester is finally here, which means piles of schoolwork, long hours at your job or internship, and volunteering for extracurricular activities. Staying on top of things can be deemed impossible and overwhelming. Don’t let your busy schedule trump your semester. Let planners and agendas do all the work for you! Tracking assignments, appointments, deadlines, and events will be easier than ever. The constant use of a planner will come in handy once you enter the “real world.” Being an organized collegiette doesn’t have to boring, check out these adorable and affordable planners suited to fit your needs! READ MORE

Best Study Spots For Finals

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 21, 2014 - 9:46am

Finals are right around the corner, and collegiettes are dreading those late-night study sessions. A change in your study habits could benefit your sanity and your GPA. Research shows that changing up your study spot is proven to boost your grades and help you retain more information. Mason offers a variety of environments to suit your studying preferences. Get out of your dorm room and experiment these spaces for yourself. It’s time to buckle down and finish the semester strong! Good luck on finals collegiettes, and may the curve be ever in your favor! Starbucks READ MORE

Splurge vs. Steal: Makeup Dupes

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 10, 2014 - 9:03am

Makeup lovers, on a budget, unite! Higher-end makeup is great, but feeling guilty about spending an outrageous amount of money is not fun. As a collegiette with a sad bank account, I try to stretch that last penny. Dropping big money on big names at the Nordstrom beauty counter has got to stop. Those sales people can be very convincing...but instead of feeling guilty, or putting a strain on my wallet, I compiled a list of makeup dupes from your favorite brands! Lipstick Revlon Matte Lipstick in ‘Pink Pout’ ($8) vs. MAC Lipstick in ‘Snob’ ($15) READ MORE

Why Taco Bell Is The Greatest Thing To Ever Happen

By Bri Perry
April 4, 2014 - 10:19am

If you’re a believer, this will tug at your heartstrings. If you’re not a believer, then welcome to the wonderful world of sour cream guns and cinnamon twists. Thank you for being our valiant knights in taco armor, Taco Bell. We salute you! Here is why Taco Bell is the greatest thing to happen ever: 1. They have their own Mountain Dew flavor. If you’re just getting a Pepsi when you eat that burrito, you’re doing it wrong. Mountain Dew exclusively sells a flavor of Dew to Taco Bell. Let me say it again. They’re so special that they get their own drink. Did I mention it was freaking delicious? What’s worse than no Chick-fil-a on Sunday? No Baja Blast at your local Bell. READ MORE
...

5 Sweet Dessert Recipes Under 100 Calories

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 2, 2014 - 9:16am

After a long day of studying, sitting in traffic, or interning, you may feel like treating yourself. If you’re working hard at the gym and watching what you’re eating, indulging can be a daunting task. But depriving yourself of sweets is criminal. You can finally enjoy that sweet ending to your meal, without the guilt, with these 5 desserts at 100 calories or less!   Chocolate-Banana Grahams (Directions Here) READ MORE

Spring Nail Trends Of 2014

By Anabella Tourkaman
March 25, 2014 - 9:42am

Spring is on its way and collegiettes are anticipating warmer weather. It’s time to chase those winter blues away with the hottest shades of spring 2014. The next time you decide to do your nails or get a manicure, be sure to try these flattering colors! Hide & Go Chic – Essie ($8.50) This azure blue is definitely a hit. Brighten up any outfit with this gorgeous color. Essie delivers an intense hue in a subtle manner. READ MORE

5 Recipes That Take Girl Scout Cookies To A New Level

By Anabella Tourkaman
March 17, 2014 - 12:04pm

True story -- I spotted a table of Girl Scouts, cut off a whole line of traffic, parked (left the keys in the ignition and the door wide open), and ran. The things I do for Girl Scout cookies… If you’re like me and can’t get enough of those wonderful cookies, you’re in for a treat. I’ve scoped out amazing recipes that will transform the usual Girl Scout cookie recipe into a whole new dessert. Enjoy! Find cookies near you... READ MORE

Quick Confidence Boosters To Get You Through The Day

By Nia King
March 10, 2014 - 9:34am

You know those days where nothing seems to be going quite right? You wake up with bed head, and then you’re late to class. Then, you have an awkward run in with your ex, and immediately following, you find out that you didn’t do so hot on last week’s test. Ok, so I’m sure no one has had a series of unfortunate events this bad, but we all go through times that make us feel like hiding under the covers and not coming out until next semester. Although the thought of hibernating away our troubles sounds totally possible, we can not hide away from our winter blues, unlike our forest friends. READ MORE

10 Chic Statement Necklaces

By Anabella Tourkaman
March 3, 2014 - 9:50am

What’s big, bold, and beautiful? Statement necklaces! Whether you dress it down or up, statement necklaces are the easiest pieces of jewelry that will transform and add dimension to your wardrobe just in time for spring. Below you'll find various trends, their prices, and where to snag it!  Bauble Bar: Pastel Feather Bib - $36 READ MORE

Campus Throwback: 90’s Pop Workout Playlist

By Anabella Tourkaman
February 25, 2014 - 5:22pm

Summer feels so far away, but before you know it, it’ll be time to try on those adorable swimsuits! Trust me, I have far from broken my New Year’s resolution to hit the gym more often. It’s never too late to get back on track. Here’s a little throwback list of your favorite 90’s hits to motivate you for your next gym visit! READ MORE