Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

Which trend will you sport this season?

By Anabella Tourkaman

What is your favorite frappuccino at Starbucks?

By Anabella Tourkaman

Meghan Ello

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 11, 2014 - 9:34am

I got the chance to interview Meghan Ello, a freshman at George Mason. She is majoring in Community Health with a concentration in Nutrition. Meghan hopes to make a change in people's lives, so they can lead a healthy and happy life. In addition to promoting a healthy lifestyle, Meghan is active in the Mason community and in Greek life on campus. This outgoing, fun-loving young lady is a sister of Gamma Phi Beta and supports her sisters every step of the way. Check out our interview, as she gives valuable advice to incoming freshmen and tells us what she loves about Mason!  How has your first year at Mason been like? READ MORE

Spring Fashionista: Anna Saunders

By Christen Roberts
April 10, 2014 - 12:30pm

Anna Saunders, a sophomore communication and integrative studies double major, was spotted sporting a 90's windbreaker and a pair of comfortable Toms on her way to work in the Office of Student Involvement.  READ MORE

Splurge vs. Steal: Makeup Dupes

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 10, 2014 - 9:03am

Makeup lovers, on a budget, unite! Higher-end makeup is great, but feeling guilty about spending an outrageous amount of money is not fun. As a collegiette with a sad bank account, I try to stretch that last penny. Dropping big money on big names at the Nordstrom beauty counter has got to stop. Those sales people can be very convincing...but instead of feeling guilty, or putting a strain on my wallet, I compiled a list of makeup dupes from your favorite brands! Lipstick Revlon Matte Lipstick in ‘Pink Pout’ ($8) vs. MAC Lipstick in ‘Snob’ ($15) READ MORE

Selfie Awareness

By Helen Ray
April 8, 2014 - 9:34am

Ever since MySpace made the world aware of what a selfie is (and Instagram sealed the deal), it’s become both a running joke on social media and a social norm. Today, there are cameras on every smart phone making photography portable and utterly easy, so sharing our life events (including our selfies) has become a daily task. With the introduction of the front forward camera, the progression of social media and various photo apps, it was only natural that the selfie would progress too. READ MORE

What's your favorite part of spring?

By Avalon Swindell Jones

CC Jordan Fontenot!

By Jordan Fontenot
April 4, 2014 - 12:25pm

READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Stephen Self

By Helen Ray
April 4, 2014 - 12:10pm

Stephen is one of those people that everyone adores. While interviewing him outside Starbucks on a Thursday evening, it seemed like everyone who walked passed us had to stop to say hello. After spending a few minutes interviewing him, I completely understand why: Stephen has an intoxicating personality--it's one that you never seem to get enough of. He's bubbly, spontanous, utterly hilarious, and has a contagious smile! I think you'll agree! Name: Stephen Self Year: Sophomore Major: Government and International Politics Hometown: Richmond, VA Relationship status: Single and ready to mingle. READ MORE

Why Taco Bell Is The Greatest Thing To Ever Happen

By Bri Perry
April 4, 2014 - 10:19am

If you’re a believer, this will tug at your heartstrings. If you’re not a believer, then welcome to the wonderful world of sour cream guns and cinnamon twists. Thank you for being our valiant knights in taco armor, Taco Bell. We salute you! Here is why Taco Bell is the greatest thing to happen ever: 1. They have their own Mountain Dew flavor. If you’re just getting a Pepsi when you eat that burrito, you’re doing it wrong. Mountain Dew exclusively sells a flavor of Dew to Taco Bell. Let me say it again. They’re so special that they get their own drink. Did I mention it was freaking delicious? What’s worse than no Chick-fil-a on Sunday? No Baja Blast at your local Bell. READ MORE
...