Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

Budget Friendly Planners For A Smooth Semester

By Anabella Tourkaman
August 19, 2014 - 9:30am

The fall semester is finally here, which means piles of schoolwork, long hours at your job or internship, and volunteering for extracurricular activities. Staying on top of things can be deemed impossible and overwhelming. Don’t let your busy schedule trump your semester. Let planners and agendas do all the work for you! Tracking assignments, appointments, deadlines, and events will be easier than ever. The constant use of a planner will come in handy once you enter the “real world.” Being an organized collegiette doesn’t have to boring, check out these adorable and affordable planners suited to fit your needs! READ MORE

The Perfect Packing Playlist

By Courtney Spencer
August 18, 2014 - 9:30am

Summer is coming to an end, which means school is just around the corner! Moving back to school usually entails one of the most dreaded tasks of all: packing. If you hate packing as much as I do, then you're in luck! Below you'll find the perfect playlist to keep you pumped and motivated in order to begin the packing process. Hopefully this playlist will eliminate any stress that comes along with moving back on campus.  Alt-J – Dissolve Me READ MORE

Mason Mayhem

By Anabella Tourkaman
August 8, 2014 - 9:38pm

PAC will be hosting Mason Mayhem at the Johnson Center this year! Be sure to visit the JC between 8 pm - 12 am for fun activities, free stuff, and games!  READ MORE

What Are YOU Looking Forward To This Semester?

By Anabella Tourkaman

Mason Parking Struggles Told In GIFs

By Anabella Tourkaman
May 1, 2014 - 9:13am

Pulling into Mason, ready to get your day started. Everything is going great, until you get to the parking lots. Driving by each lot, unable to find ANY empty spots. You think to yourself, how can there be so many people? After driving around, you finally find an empty space in the distance. You’re all like, “YASSS!” Then someone crushes your spirits and steals your spot. Why do bad things happen to good people? READ MORE

Where's your favorite spot to hang out on campus?

By Jordan Fontenot

Jennelyn Tanedo

By Katie Barlow
April 24, 2014 - 9:50am

Year: Sophomore Major: Nursing This Masonette is a student to remember! In addition to being accepting into Mason’s competitive nursing program, Jennelyn Tanedo is an active dance team member and sister of Gamma Phi Beta sorority. Tanedo is full of passion and is well on her way to achieving her dreams. HC: How long have you been a dancer? Tanedo: I started when I was 4 years old, so I’ve been dancing for 15 years. READ MORE

The 10 Stages Of Dieting

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 23, 2014 - 2:00pm

1. Looking in the mirror after the long winter months. Leggings become your best friend because the sound of jeans makes you cringe. 2. Deciding you need to make a change. After giving yourself a pep talk, you’re totally ready for a “lifestyle” change. 3. Getting pumped and motivated to get into the gym ASAP. Spending hours pinning cute workout clothes onto your new “fitness” board. READ MORE

Ludacris concert!

By Avalon Swindell Jones
April 23, 2014 - 1:49pm

Tickets are on sale now at the Patriot Center Box Office (All Tickets) and The Office of Student Involvement (Student Tickets Only). This immediately follows Mason Day outside. Doors will open at 7pm. Student Tickets: $25 -Floor and Lower Bowl, $15- Upper Bowl (2 at this price with Student ID) READ MORE

Best Study Spots For Finals

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 21, 2014 - 9:46am

Finals are right around the corner, and collegiettes are dreading those late-night study sessions. A change in your study habits could benefit your sanity and your GPA. Research shows that changing up your study spot is proven to boost your grades and help you retain more information. Mason offers a variety of environments to suit your studying preferences. Get out of your dorm room and experiment these spaces for yourself. It’s time to buckle down and finish the semester strong! Good luck on finals collegiettes, and may the curve be ever in your favor! Starbucks READ MORE