Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

Top Five Fall Flicks

By Courtney Spencer
October 30, 2014 - 10:30am

With temperatures cooling down and your bed being seemingly easier to stay in all day, fall is the perfect time to indulge in a movie marathon. So, we've picked out five spooky films that will get you in the Halloween spirit. To make things even easier, all these fantastic fall viewings are available on  Netflix. So take a look and get ready to hide under the covers. 1. The Addams Family, 1991 (PG-13) Everyone's favorite spooky family comes to life in this 1991 film version of the popular 1960s television series. Starring Anjelica Huston and Christina Ricci, this film has a mix of fun and fright for anyone to enjoy.  READ MORE

Fall Fashion

By Alison Peterson
October 29, 2014 - 1:30pm

This is one of my favorite looks for fall.  Mixing black and brown can go terribly wrong, but this outfit pulls it off by incorporating one of the seasons hottest trends: the fur vest.  (http://instagram.com/p/ugQlSxHkKt/?modal=true) READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Ariel Sheely

By Alexandra Connole
October 28, 2014 - 10:30am

Year: Freshman Major: Criminology Hometown: Eagan, MN Favorite thing to do back home: Go to hockey games, drive my car, and see my high school friends. Organizations/clubs: Chi Omega and Intelligence Community Club Favorite part about being in Chi Omega: My Big! And meeting new friends that have close to the same values as I do.     Post-Graduation plans: Graduate School Favorite lace to eat: Olive Garden READ MORE

9 Last-Minute Costumes for the Halloween Procrastinator

By Julianne Woodson
October 27, 2014 - 10:30am

Just like the monsters that terrorize unsuspecting teenagers in horror movies, October 31st has a habit of sneaking up on you. For the habitual procrastinator, being invited to a Halloween costume party is great, up until you realize it's two hours before the event and you still don't have anything to wear. You have no time to make something elaborate and don't want to fork over money for a store bought costume that you'll only wear once. So what's one to do? Fortunately, you can check out this list of perfect last-minute Halloween costume ideas. This year, you can dress up as... 1. Where's Waldo READ MORE

Yoga For Well-Being

By George Mason Contributor
October 23, 2014 - 9:30am

“Yoga for Well-Being” is a hatha yoga class carefully themed to deepen one’s experience of an interdisciplinary approach to yoga. This practice includes precise instruction in beginning and intermediate level postures, breathing practices, and guided relaxation. Modifications will be offered to individualize the practice. You will need to bring your own yoga mat and any props you need. All members of the Mason community are welcome. Let the instructor know at the beginning of class if this is your first yoga practice or if you have any serious physical limitations.   READ MORE

Campus Celebrity: Natasha Williams

By Cierra Bundy
October 23, 2014 - 9:00am

Although this is only Natasha's second semester here at George Mason, she has wasted no time establishing herself in and out of the classroom. She is quite the social butterfly. It does not take long for her fun-loving, goofy personality to reveal itself. Natasha still, however, knows the difference between work and play, with very serious goals in mind. Year: Junior Major: Criminology (minor Spanish) Hometown: Laurel, MD READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Nick Wright

By Caroline Chisolm
October 22, 2014 - 9:00am

Name: Nicholas Wright Hometown: Washington D.C. Class: 2016 Major: Economics / Finance Campus Involvement/Hobbies: Kappa Sigma (Historian, Fraternity Photographer, Social/Community service committee); Music; Photography; Fitness Relationship Status: Singleeee     Where do you want to live after college? NYC or LA or Miami. READ MORE

10 Cutes Puppies In Halloween Costumes

By Laura Woods
October 21, 2014 - 9:00am

1. This adorable Chihuahua dressed up like a little bear. 2. This sweet puppy as Harry Potter! 3. This little "Spellhound!" READ MORE

Her Campus Swag Giveaway

By George Mason Contributor
October 20, 2014 - 5:43pm

One lucky winner will win this awsome swag kit! Winner announced this wednesday! Visit our FB page, 'like' our status regarding this giveaway, and you'll be entered for a chance to win! Good luck!  READ MORE

World Events Update: Ebola & Ukraine-Russia

By Caroline Chisolm
October 20, 2014 - 9:30am

World Update George Mason students' have gotten a lot of bad press since the school year began after Dan Joseph from the Media Research Center came to campus to see how many students would sign a petition supporting the terrorist organization ISIS. He managed to get thirteen signatures in one hour. READ MORE