Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

Mason Parking Struggles Told In GIFs

By Anabella Tourkaman
May 1, 2014 - 9:13am

Pulling into Mason, ready to get your day started. Everything is going great, until you get to the parking lots. Driving by each lot, unable to find ANY empty spots. You think to yourself, how can there be so many people? After driving around, you finally find an empty space in the distance. You’re all like, “YASSS!” Then someone crushes your spirits and steals your spot. Why do bad things happen to good people? READ MORE

Where's your favorite spot to hang out on campus?

By Jordan Fontenot

Jennelyn Tanedo

By Katie Barlow
April 24, 2014 - 9:50am

Year: Sophomore Major: Nursing This Masonette is a student to remember! In addition to being accepting into Mason’s competitive nursing program, Jennelyn Tanedo is an active dance team member and sister of Gamma Phi Beta sorority. Tanedo is full of passion and is well on her way to achieving her dreams. HC: How long have you been a dancer? Tanedo: I started when I was 4 years old, so I’ve been dancing for 15 years. READ MORE

The 10 Stages Of Dieting

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 23, 2014 - 2:00pm

1. Looking in the mirror after the long winter months. Leggings become your best friend because the sound of jeans makes you cringe. 2. Deciding you need to make a change. After giving yourself a pep talk, you’re totally ready for a “lifestyle” change. 3. Getting pumped and motivated to get into the gym ASAP. Spending hours pinning cute workout clothes onto your new “fitness” board. READ MORE

Ludacris concert!

By Avalon Swindell Jones
April 23, 2014 - 1:49pm

Tickets are on sale now at the Patriot Center Box Office (All Tickets) and The Office of Student Involvement (Student Tickets Only). This immediately follows Mason Day outside. Doors will open at 7pm. Student Tickets: $25 -Floor and Lower Bowl, $15- Upper Bowl (2 at this price with Student ID) READ MORE

Best Study Spots For Finals

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 21, 2014 - 9:46am

Finals are right around the corner, and collegiettes are dreading those late-night study sessions. A change in your study habits could benefit your sanity and your GPA. Research shows that changing up your study spot is proven to boost your grades and help you retain more information. Mason offers a variety of environments to suit your studying preferences. Get out of your dorm room and experiment these spaces for yourself. It’s time to buckle down and finish the semester strong! Good luck on finals collegiettes, and may the curve be ever in your favor! Starbucks READ MORE

Which trend will you sport this season?

By Anabella Tourkaman

What is your favorite frappuccino at Starbucks?

By Anabella Tourkaman

Meghan Ello

By Anabella Tourkaman
April 11, 2014 - 9:34am

I got the chance to interview Meghan Ello, a freshman at George Mason. She is majoring in Community Health with a concentration in Nutrition. Meghan hopes to make a change in people's lives, so they can lead a healthy and happy life. In addition to promoting a healthy lifestyle, Meghan is active in the Mason community and in Greek life on campus. This outgoing, fun-loving young lady is a sister of Gamma Phi Beta and supports her sisters every step of the way. Check out our interview, as she gives valuable advice to incoming freshmen and tells us what she loves about Mason!  How has your first year at Mason been like? READ MORE

Spring Fashionista: Anna Saunders

By Christen Roberts
April 10, 2014 - 12:30pm

Anna Saunders, a sophomore communication and integrative studies double major, was spotted sporting a 90's windbreaker and a pair of comfortable Toms on her way to work in the Office of Student Involvement.  READ MORE