Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

Beautiful Day at Mason!

By Laura-Allison Bohannan, Julianne Woodson
September 16, 2014 - 10:30am

It's certainly a beautiful weekend for George Mason Panhellenic Recruitment! Find your sisterhood, ladies!  READ MORE

The Bistro: Mason's Hidden Gem

By Courtney Spencer
September 15, 2014 - 10:30am

Mason Dining has gone through many changes since we have been back at school. The includes the closing of some of our favorites, (HotSpot & Gold Rush), and confusing hours of operation changes. But there is still one thing that stays constant: The Bistro. The Bistro, located on the ground floor of the Johnson Center, continues to be a staple among professors and students alike. It has quality food and great choices without the crowded feel of Southside or the lines. Many people simply don’t know about it at all. When you go to the ground floor of the JC to other buildings or the new Starbucks that just opened look in the corner adjacent from that and you will see the Bistro (it is easy to miss). ...

Madewell + HC GMU Back-To-School Bash

By Anabella Tourkaman
September 15, 2014 - 9:46am

Her Campus George Mason and Madewell are teaming up to throw the best exclusive shopping event of the semester! Join us at the Madewell in Tyson's Corner Mall on Friday, September 26th from 3:00-6:00 p.m. Madewell will be providing: Sips and sweets for guests A special raffle prize Exclusive event discounts with your Mason ID $20 off your jean purchase at Madewell when you donate a pair of your jeans to their jeans drive Make sure you join our Facebook event page for more information on the event! Invite your Mason friends too! Happy Shopping! READ MORE

Madewell + HC GMU Back-To-School Bash

By Anabella Tourkaman
September 15, 2014 - 9:35am

Madewell and Her Campus GMU are teaming up together this fall! Join us at Madewell in Tyson's Corner Mall for an exclusive shopping event to all Mason students! Receive exclusive discount perks, sweets & sips, and exciting raffles! In addition to these great perks, if you donate a pair of any jeans that you own you will receive $20 off your next jean purchase at Madewell! Welcome back to campus collegiettes! #HCXO READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Ryan Williams

By Alexandra Connole
September 11, 2014 - 1:16pm

Age? 19 Year? Sophomore Hometown? East Meadow, New York Major? Civil Engineering  Relationship status? "Single and ready to mingle" Job? "Working summers at the corporate headquarters for Arizona Iced Tea" READ MORE

3 Drugstore Makeup Must-Haves

By Alison Peterson
September 11, 2014 - 10:30am

Good makeup is hard to find. Cheap makeup is even harder. But it is so much easier than you think! When stocking up on makeup, a lot of girls think they need to run to the closest Sephora and drop all of their summer savings on one tube of lipstick and a small bottle of foundation. But what if I told you that everything you need to gear up for school could be found right down the street--and for a fraction of the price? 1. Eyes: Almay Intense i-Color Kit READ MORE

Kathleen Pine

By Avalon Swindell Jones
September 10, 2014 - 10:30am

With a mantra like “singing, shopping, and socializing,” Kathleen Pine is a character.  When I first met her, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.  I quickly learned she had two very different sides.  One is the loud, Jersey girl who says exactly what she is thinking, bringing a room to tears of laughter.  The other side to Kathleen is the workaholic, who strives to get what she wants.  READ MORE

Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment

By Caroline Chisolm
September 9, 2014 - 10:30am

Panhellenic's formal fall recruitment was in full swing this weekend as close to four hundred girls explored Greek life at Mason! Stay tuned for bid day on Monday, September 8th. It is a very loud event so we promise you can't miss it! READ MORE

Love Yourself First

By Cierra Bundy
September 8, 2014 - 1:36pm

This CDNB (Chase Dreams Not Boys) event will focus around self love and positive image. READ MORE

9 Childhood Cartoons That Got It Right

By Cierra Bundy
September 8, 2014 - 10:30am

I know I'm not the only college student that finds old episodes of cartoons online and spends an entire Sunday night watching them in the privacy of my dorm. Other than reviving the inner child, these childhood classics serve a far greater purpose that we may just now be picking up on. The creators of our favorite shows dropped some hardcore knowledge in subtle elementary dialog that would be relatable for decades to come. This is for all the times our parents told us not to sit too close to the TV set.  READ MORE