Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

Madewell + HC GMU Back-To-School Bash

By George Mason Contributor
September 30, 2014 - 10:30am

READ MORE

GMU Field Hockey: Play For Pink

By Alison Peterson
September 30, 2014 - 9:30am

The GMU Club Field Hockey team is hosting a tournament on October 4th, 2014 to help raise money for the National Foundation for Cancer Research. Because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the theme of the tournament will be PINK. The games start at 11:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m., so be sure to make it out to the RAC field!  At least year's tournament, the field hockey team held a bake sale, sold bracelets, and t-shirts, and donated all the proceeds to help further cancer research. The field hockey team is just getting started with their season, and the PINK tournament is a great way for students and faculty to come out and show their support! Entry to the game is free, but spectators are encouraged to give what they can to the National...

A Basic Girl's Guide To Fall

By Alexandra Connole
September 29, 2014 - 10:30am

It is nearing the end of September, fall is finally here, and cooler weather will be kicking in! For most girls, this is way more exciting than necessary. In the world of basic-ness, fall is the best season of them all. The leaves are turning, the weather is no longer deathly hot, and pumpkin spice lattes are back! Now, if you still aren't sure you are prepared for the upcoming season, here is a list of what every basic girl needs in order to be ready for fall.  1. Leggings The first, and most obvious thing that every basic girl needs to take on the cooler temperatures are leggings. You either love them or hate them, but they will always be more comfortable than jeans and they're super versatile.  ...

Peace And Love At GMU

By Cierra Bundy
September 26, 2014 - 10:30am

READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Johnny Bertino

By Haley McComber
September 25, 2014 - 10:30am

Name: Johnny Bertino Age: 21 Year: Senior Hometown: Hammonton, New Jersey Major: Government and International Politics Dream Job: Secretary of State Relationship Status: Single What do you look for in a girl?: Someone who cares and can really make me laugh. READ MORE

The Uproar Heard Around Campus: Mason Dining

By CJ Ruley
September 23, 2014 - 9:30am

Food: The source of nourishment required for people to live, grow, and create energy.   READ MORE

Dear White People

By Kaylyn Wadley
September 22, 2014 - 9:30am

The fall semester is rapidly approaching. Before you know it we’ll be faced with falling temperatures and rising piles of books. For most, stress levels will be just a little higher than in previous months, but that comes with the territory of being a college student. As we all know, college is not solely about gaining knowledge from an academic standpoint. Interactions with various individuals of racial and ethnic backgrounds that may differ from our own give us a better understanding of the world. READ MORE

Mason Happy Heart Walk

By Courtney Spencer
September 21, 2014 - 11:04pm

George Mason University is attempting to be healthier, at all three campuses! The Sixth Annual Mason Happy Heart Walk will start on September 24th at noon at the Fairfax, Arlington and Prince William locations! This is not an athletic or competitive walk, it’s a fun one that can be enjoyed by all ages! So come and bring your family, friends, and enjoy a beautiful day campus! If you have class or work during this time, that’s ok, you can drop in halfway during it or at the end!  READ MORE

Campus Cutie: Alain Jacobsen

By Alison Peterson
September 18, 2014 - 10:30am

Name: Alain Jacobsen Age: 20 Major: Global Affairs with a concentration in African Studies and a minor in French and Public Health. Hometown: Baker, Montana. Ideal Date: Nice dinner (two $$ on yelp!) and a chill outdoor concert--but one that's still danceable! And homemade crepes for dessert. Favorite thing about Mason: Every day you see new people! READ MORE

Kate Tangeman

By Megan Bisson
September 17, 2014 - 10:30am

Year: Senior Hometown: Winter Park, Florida Meet Kate Tangeman. Kate in one word can be described as driven—whether that’s on the lacrosse field or in the classroom. Kate excels at being a Division 1 athlete and living a healthy lifestyle. With Kate's busy schedule, I was able to catch up with this week's Campus Celebrity and get the scoop on what she has planned for her last two semesters at Mason. Her Campus: What’s it like being a Student-Athlete? READ MORE