Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

George Mason Archives

5 Movies To See This Fall

By Kaylyn Wadley
September 2, 2014 - 10:30am

Fall is here and movies are headed your way! Sometimes it's easier to sit in your dorm and watch Netflix all day, but take some off and head to the movie theater! Grab a couple friends, eat some popcorn, and check out some of the must see movies of the year!  Fury April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany. Jimi: All Is by My Side READ MORE...

The Do's And Don'ts Of Sorority Recruitment

By Haley McComber
September 1, 2014 - 9:30am

Recruitment is right around the corner and girls on campus are buzzing with excitement! For someone participating in sorority recruitment for the first time, it can be a nerve wracking experience. I still remember when I first went through recruitment and I was worried I would say the wrong thing or wear the wrong thing. Recruitment shouldn’t be a stressful time; it should be fun and exciting starting this new chapter in your life! To ease some of the stresses of recruitment, I created a list of do’s and don’ts that will ensure recruitment is smooth sailing for you. READ MORE

Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment

By Caroline Chisolm

Mason Nation: Mariah Beck

By George Mason Contributor
August 28, 2014 - 9:30am

Mariah Beck '18 is showing off her Mason gear posing with the George Mason statue!  READ MORE

4 YouTubers Everyone Needs To Subscribe To

By Courtney Spencer
August 27, 2014 - 10:30am

YouTube can be interesting, fun, or quiet annoying if you don't subsribe to the right channels. It's important to follow channels that you enjoy in order to make your YouTube viewing experience better! Below you'll find four unique channels that are worth subscribing to today! Blogilates/Blogilatestv: 1,986,872 subscribers These two channels feature Cassey Ho, a fitness model and trainer. She makes YouTube videos about pilates workouts, fitness/health tips, and special food recipes.  Her most popular videos come from her POPilates segment where she sets certain muscle-targeted workouts to catchy, popular songs! This channel makes it fast and fun to be healthy. READ MORE

3 Reasons Why You Should Study Abroad In Milan

By Megan Bisson
August 25, 2014 - 10:30am

As someone who is a recent veteran of studying abroad, I can honestly say it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Of course you want to study abroad, but the first question is where: and I’m here to tell you the beautiful, bustling city of Milan is the perfect place. Here’s a list of three reasons why Milan rocks! Weekend & Day Trips READ MORE

Mason Nation: Alexis Jenkins

By George Mason Contributor
August 21, 2014 - 7:36pm

Alexis Jenkins is showing off her Patriot Pride! She is also the winner of our first contest and giveaway! Congrats Alexis!  READ MORE

Budget Friendly Planners For A Smooth Semester

By Anabella Tourkaman
August 19, 2014 - 9:30am

The fall semester is finally here, which means piles of schoolwork, long hours at your job or internship, and volunteering for extracurricular activities. Staying on top of things can be deemed impossible and overwhelming. Don’t let your busy schedule trump your semester. Let planners and agendas do all the work for you! Tracking assignments, appointments, deadlines, and events will be easier than ever. The constant use of a planner will come in handy once you enter the “real world.” Being an organized collegiette doesn’t have to boring, check out these adorable and affordable planners suited to fit your needs! READ MORE

The Perfect Packing Playlist

By Courtney Spencer
August 18, 2014 - 9:30am

Summer is coming to an end, which means school is just around the corner! Moving back to school usually entails one of the most dreaded tasks of all: packing. If you hate packing as much as I do, then you're in luck! Below you'll find the perfect playlist to keep you pumped and motivated in order to begin the packing process. Hopefully this playlist will eliminate any stress that comes along with moving back on campus.  Alt-J – Dissolve Me READ MORE

Mason Mayhem

By Anabella Tourkaman
August 8, 2014 - 9:38pm

PAC will be hosting Mason Mayhem at the Johnson Center this year! Be sure to visit the JC between 8 pm - 12 am for fun activities, free stuff, and games!  READ MORE