This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Get to know campus cutie, Aaron Carlstrom!

Age: 18

Hometown: Middletown, Maryland

Year: Freshman/2017

Double Major: Dance & Geography

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite thing about George Mason: The amount of trees on campus!

Involvement on campus: I’m heavily involved with the dance program. I’m also applying to become an RA next year. In the future, I plan on joining an environmental club, PRSSA, and student government.

Favorite place to be on campus: I enjoy going to the Sculpture Garden next to the performing arts building. It’s a great place to study!

How do you spend your weekends here? I like to go off campus and traveling around the area. I’ve visited friends in Philadelphia, New York, and Baltimore.

What genre of music to you listen to? I grew up listening to folk artists like, Gordon Lightfoot and Joanie Mitchell. They inspired me to be into Indie Folk bands like Arcade Fire and First Aid Kit

An embarrassing confession? I took a shower at 4 in the morning and forgot my towels. I had to run across my floor to get to my room… in my birthday suit!

What are you plans for winter break? My family moved to Florida, so I’m going to spend 6 weeks there. Checking out the Keys, eating Cuban food, and going to Universal Studios.

Dream job: Ever since I was little, I’ve always wanted to be a part of the Peace Corps.

Biggest pet peeve? Selfies with a stupid caption.  

Three words to describe yourself: Energetic, spontaneous, and adventurous.

What are some of your interests? My dad is a park ranger, so I grew up biking, hiking, backpacking, snorkeling, and paddle boarding. Anything outdoors-y!

Who are your role model(s)? My family. I have 3 older siblings, 2 sisters and a brother. I’ve always looked up to them!

Favorite song to dance to at a party: 
Cha Cha Slide.

Favorite sports team(s): 
Broncos, Ravens, Orioles, and Nuggets.

Favorite app: The CNN app! It’s very informative.

Friends or Seinfeld? Seinfeld. Elaine is awesome!

Favorite 90’s cartoon: Rocko’s Modern Life

Favorite book: Hemingway’s The Old Man of the Sea, passed down to me by my grandfather.

Favorite movie: Wes Anderson’s The Royal Tenenbaums.

How do you let a girl know you’re interested in her? Drool on her!

What do you look for in a girl? Beautiful eyes.

Where would you take a girl? We’d start off on a hike, then end the night enjoying a nice picnic over a scenic overlook.

Hot or Not – Piercings: Not! Nose piercings look like sparkly zits.

Deal-breaker: 
If you’re a sloppy ratchet, you’re not going to catch it.

Celebrity Crush: Emma Watson

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com