7 Signs You’re a Coffee Addict

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Let’s be real here, coffee is a necessity of life.

1. The amount of money you spend on coffee is ridiculous.

Via Giphy

Starbucks already sucks up all your money, but when Pumpkin Spice season hits… FORGET IT! Might as well get a second job to fuel your addiction.

2. You either have a headache or are extremely irritable around 10am if you haven’t had your first cup.

Via Giphy

Your friends, family and coworkers have all learned the hard way to avoid conversation until you’ve had your coffee

3. Need to study? Coffee shop. Want to hang with friends? Coffee shop. First date? Coffee shop. You pretty much live there.

Via Giphy

The barista probably knows your name and order by heart. When your friends need you, the first place they look is the nearest coffee shop.

Related: 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Coffee

4. You have said, “Give me an IV of coffee” out loud and in public with no shame.

Via Giphy

We are all Lorelai Gilmore. Coffee is the one and only lifeline.

5. You try to cure a bad or unproductive day with another cup.

Via Giphy

If crawling back into bed with Netflix is not an option, coffee is the second best thing.

6. And it works for a little while because that first sip is orgasmic.

Via Giphy

It’s a truly magical experience. Anyone who tells you they don’t like coffee is seriously missing out on that rush of oxytocin.

7. When you have a cup in your hand, you feel like you can conquer the world!

Via Giphy

It’s like you have the power of God in your hands. Go forth and move mountains!

Rebecca Dooley

George Mason University

Rebecca is a senior at George Mason University studying Government & International Politics, Public Policy, and Spanish. At GMU, she is the Healthcare Policy Director with the Roosevelt Institute and recently co-organized the university's first Women's Leadership Conference. After graduation, Rebecca plans to work on a campaign of a pro-choice, Democratic woman and help take back the house! When not writing for Her Campus, she is probably getting her next cup of coffee, talking about feminism, or listening to Sara Bareilles (or all 3 at the same time).
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com