This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Studying for finals can definitely get in the way of watching your favorite TV shows. But, summer is just around the corner which means you can watch Friends for 15 hours straight with no regrets! Here are a few shows, in no particular order, that I highly recommend you add to your binge list for the summer!

1. BoJack Horseman

When my friend Madi told me to watch this show, I was a bit hesitant at first. I figured it was just another adult cartoon with no real meaning or storyline but I was completely wrong. This show follows the story of BoJack Horseman, a washed-up actor who starred in a 90’s sitcom, and his attempt to make a comeback by having a ghost writer write his memoir. The show talks about everything from feminism to drug addiction and everything in between. And season four is guaranteed to make you cry.

Via Giphy

2. The Office

Chances are you’ve already watched The Office at least once, but no matter how many times you watch it, it never gets old. If you haven’t watched it before, it should absolutely be your top priority to see it this summer.

Via Giphy

3. Grace and Frankie

This show follows the story of two women who are brought together after their husbands announce that they are in love and plan to get married. The two are unlikely friends but find common ground after they are forced to live with each other following their divorces.

Via Giphy

4. New Girl

New Girl is one of my favorite comedy shows by far! It follows the story of Jess Day, who needs a new place to live after finding out her longtime boyfriend is cheating on her, and ends up living in a loft with three men. Season six just came out on Netflix and season seven (the final season) is currently on TV so it’s the perfect time to get caught up!

Via Giphy

5. Master of None

This show was created by Aziz Ansari and features him as the main character, Dev, through his experiences with love, work and life. Each episode is centered around an issue that is affecting Dev or his friends, such as racism, coming out, religion and many more.

Via Giphy

6. Arrested Development

With a new season coming out later this year, now is the perfect time to get to know the Bluth family. After his father, George Sr. is arrested, it is up to Michael Bluth to keep his family from falling apart. It is also the origin of the iconic gif shown below (which accurately describes my mood about finals).

Via Giphy

7. Orange is the New Black

OITNB left us on with a HUGE cliffhanger at the end of season 5 and fans are dying to know what happens. While a a release date for season 6 has not yet been announced, it is safe to assume that it will be out in early June as that is when the previous seasons have been released. Now is the perfect time to start watching or get caught up.

Via Giphy

Have a great summer and happy binge watching!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com