7 Reasons Why I Don’t Want to Leave Mason Yet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

My sophomore year of college is coming to an end and I have never been more sad. Freshman year was okay and I was ready to go home when the time came. However, sophomore year is where I found my place at Mason. I joined multiple organizations, I made a pretty decent friend group and I’m finally taking classes I like. And now I move out this week and all of it is disappearing. Here are my feelings in gifs:

1. I won’t be able to see my friends everyday

Via Giphy

All the friends that were at most a 10 minute walk away will now be hours away from me..or even states away.

2. Moving out is a PAIN

Via Giphy

Literally, who allowed me to have this many clothes, shoes and decorations?  How did I bring all of this into a small dorm room anyways? How do I take this all back?

Related: 4 Ways to Ensure an Easy Move Out

3. Figuring out how to function outside of a college campus

Via Giphy

Wait, you’re telling me it’s not acceptable to just go eat at 3 am anymore? I can’t just walk around in pajamas in public and not get judged?

4. Not having a Starbucks and a Dunkin’ Donuts within walking distance of each other

Via Giphy

I have to drive 10 minutes to my nearest Starbucks, do you know how inconvenient this is when I had one UP THE STREET?  OR NOT HAVING A DUNKIN’ WHEN IT WAS LITERALLY BELOW MY BUILDING??? I AM NOT OKAY WITH CHANGE GUYS.

5. Where am I going to get all this free unnecessary stuff from if I can’t go to a Kiosk in the JC anymore?

Via Giphy

Candy, pizza, donuts, popcorn, a starbucks cup…..I got these from kiosks. Kiosks are how I got my scantrons. I have not paid for scantrons all this semester. Innovation is tradition here at George Mason University.

6. Who else is going to tell me I’m going to hell if I won’t see the guy in North Plaza every time it’s over 70 degrees?

Via Giphy

Sun’s out and so are my sins apparently.

7. The best times of my life are here

Via Gifer

Yeah, I’m 19 and I have my whole life to live, but these past two years have been the best and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world.

See you in the fall, collegiettes…given that I survive the summer away from campus.

Salma Hamze

George Mason University '20

Salma is a senior at George Mason currently studying Communication with a double concentration in Public Relations and Media Criticism and Production with a minor in Journalism. Family, friends and food are some of her top priorities; along with music, film and books. Reading sparked an interest in not only writing fiction but real world topics as well. She hopes to work in Public Relations and be able to travel the world one day. She is also a sister of Alpha Xi Delta here on campus.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com