The 7 Best Chick Flick & Cocktail Combos For Your Girls Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I love struggling to unclip my suede bodysuit to pee in an overcrowded bar just as much as the next gal (it’s all in the flick of the wrist), but sometimes a night in is just what the doctor ordered. Drinking at home is cheaper, safer and TBH way more fun if you can get all the girls together.

1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days with a Cosmo

If there’s a better drink to describe a single girl living in New York (and working at a fashion magazine) then I’d like to hear about it. It’s tasty, it’s sweet, it’s fun, it’s going to get you drunk.  

Via Giphy

2. The Notebook with Merlot

Watching The Notebook requires a drink as deep and romantic as the film itself. Pro tip: use your empty glass to catch your tears.

Via Giphy

3. Thirteen Going on Thirty with a Dirty Shirley

Jennifer Garner plays a 13-year-old in the body of a 30-year-old in this modern classic, so channel your inner Jenna Rink by blasting Pat Benatar with a Shirley Temple—“not virgin.”

Via Giphy

4. She’s the Man with Cabernet and sliced Gouda

Honestly, name a more iconic duo. Crack open your favorite red and pair it with Viola’s favorite cheese for a *gouda* time.

Via Tumblr

Related: 20 Best Movies To Watch For A Girls Night

5. Ten Things I Hate About You with a Miller Lite

Ah, tastes like junior prom.  If anyone asks, you’re carb loading for a (Netflix) marathon.

Via Giphy

6. What a Girl Wants with a Gin and Tonic

In 2002 we thought Amanda Bynes couldn’t get any cooler, but in 2003 she clapped back with What a Girl Wants. Enjoy this cocktail fit for a queen and take your British girl party to the next level with a Spice Girls jam session.

Via Giphy

7. Bridesmaids with Tequila Shots

Girl. Gang. Goals.  Has a funnier group of women ever been together in one movie? Grab some tequila shots for you and your bestie and see if you can top Kristin Wiig and Maya Rudolph’s comedic chemistry.

Via Media Cache

Want to take your girls night to the next level? Try one of these easy, no-bake snacks too.  They’re delicious and ~perf~ for dorm parties!

Holly Rhue

George Mason University

Holly was previously the Branded Content Editor at Her Campus Media, working on the national edit team to create engaging native editorial and social content for brands that HerCampus.com readers love! Her Beauty & Travel writing has been featured on Cosmopolitan.com, MarieClaire.com, and ELLE.com, where she was previously the digital publication's Editorial Fellow and Weekend Editor right out of college. Once upon a time, she led her own Her Campus chapter at George Mason University (go Patriots!).
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com