etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Shows To Binge Watch This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The winter premiers of all your favorite shows are in full swing! Before it gets too warm to relax inside, check out these popular TV shows to accompany you while you’re lounging around this weekend.

Pretty Little Liars  (ABC Family)

If you like mystery-thriller teen dramas, then Pretty Little Liars is for you! Based off of the popular books by Sara Shepard, four girls try to solve the mystery of their best friend’s “death” and the strange events that occur in their every day lives. PLL’s current season is crazier than ever with plot twists that no one saw coming.

Parks and Recreation (NBC)

With six seasons under their belt, Parks and Rec is a hilarious comedy on NBC following the lives of public officials in a small town in Indiana. Parks’ sixth season finally premiered this year, as a result of a slight delay in 2013. Tune in for witty one-liners and a great cast, including Amy Poehler!

Girls (HBO)

‘Girls’ is an insight into the lives of four girls as they try to steer through their early twenties, “one mistake at a time”. The rare successes and humiliation the girls face makes HBO’s hottest TV series realistic and highly relatable. The anticipation of the third season is finally over. Catch the series on HBO.

The Carrie Diaries (The CW)

The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to HBO’s Sex and the City. The show is drama filled and centered on the life of young Carrie Bradshaw, growing up in the 1980’s during her high school years in Castlebury, Connecticut. Fashion is key to Carrie and the flashy fads that are displayed in Carrie Diaries are amazing. The music also sends viewers back into the 80’s. Special moments and tough decisions make the show relatable and addicting to watch. The second season was finally renewed and can now be seen on the CW.

New Girl (FOX)

‘New Girl’ is an up beat and quirky show that is great for anyone who wants a good laugh. The characters are very memorable and the chemistry on set brightens up the show even more. When Jess, Zooey Deschanel, finds her boyfriend cheating on her she must find a new place to live. After finding an apartment to live in, she gains three roommates (all guys) and the chaos ensues from there. Be sure to check out the latest season on FOX for more laughs.

Episodes available via Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, and FiOS

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 

George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com