5 ASMRtists to Help You Fall Asleep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Have you ever gotten that tingly feeling in your brain when someone plays with your hair? If the answer is yes, then congratulations you can experience the beauty of ASMR. ASMR or autonomous sensory meridian response is defined as “an experience characterised by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine.” This experience is so popular that there are tons of creators of ASMR content on Youtube. I love these videos because the “tingles” you get from them are so pleasant but they also are just amazing for relaxing. I personally fall asleep listening to ASMR videos, but sometimes I just have them on in the background when I’m doing other things (like editing for Her Campus).

Here are some of my favorite ASMRtists and videos to get you started down this wonderful rabbit hole of relaxation (just click on the names and it’ll take you to my favorite video by each artist).

1. Heather Feather ASMR

Sometimes called The Queen of ASMR, Heather Feather puts out a variety of videos that are sometimes just sound slices of various items that make nice sounds or have completely storylines like an evil Candy Queen or an owner of an apothicary. She’s so dedicated to creating these videos, she turned her basement into a studio.

2. Gibi ASMR

Gibi is also a cosplayer so she does a bunch of amazing videos in the style of some of your favorite animated characters. She has one as Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Raven from Teen Titans, and Jesse from Pokemon. It’s a great way to get your nostalgia fix while falling asleep.

3. CordeliaCharter ASMR

If you find that gentle hand movements are more your thing to give you those tingles, then Cordelia is your go to girl. Most of her videos have some focus on movement and she has an ever continuing Reiki series that is just to die for.

4. Angelica

Angelica is by far one of the most diverse in her character videos. She has a segment for Disney characters, historical figures, and even a series of videos in the style of various decades of the 1900s. If you’re looking for someone who is both relaxing and very informative, I’d go with her. You can learn something new as you fall asleep.

5. IndigoStars ASMR

IndigoStars or Lisa is probably my favorite out of the bunch. She has created this huge and complex storyline with multiple characters based off of an old game called Vampire the Masquerade. I cannot believe sometimes that all these characters are done by her becuase of how different they all are. She is truly talented and relaxing. The only bad thing is you don’t want to fall asleep because the story is too good.

Katie Schrum

George Mason University

Writer for the George Mason University chapter of Her Campus. Junior English Major.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com