4 Inspired Oscar Looks You Can Wear In Real Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

After viewing one of the best dressed events on prime-time television, many of us are in awe of all the stunning looks seen on the red carpet for the 86th Academy Awards in the Dolby Theatre. As college students, we can only imagine the price tags on some of our favorite picks. Let’s try making things a lot easier by getting inspired by the flashy looks and spending smart on a budget.  For those fashion focused gals out there, we all hope that we can one day see ourselves in the top name brands such as Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent, standing beside a nice piece of arm candy. Wait for it ladies, our time awaits!

1. Camila Alves in Gabriela Cadena: “Pretty in Pink”

River Island Rib Box Pleat Prom Dress $80;

Forever 21 Bold Bauble Bib necklance $8.80; 

Forever 21 Bejeweled T-Strap Sandals $20.

2. Lupita Nyong’o in Prada: “Modern day Cinderella”

Gap Textural Stripe Tunic $55;

Top Shop Moto Turn Up Hot Pants $56;

Converse White Chuck Taylor All-Star $50;

Forever 21 Mod Girl Satchel $15;

Forever 21 Zipzag Bangles $7.40.

Forever 21 Woven Scarf $5.80.

3. Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen: “Sapphire Gem”

Net-A-Porter Stretch Denim Overalls $350 

Top Shop Skinny Rib Crop Tee $16

Top Shop Cubic Zirconia Square Necklace $25

Accessorize Vermont Two Tone Beanie Hat $29

Toms Black Nepal Weave Women’s Classics $54

Michael Kors ‘Parker’ Chronograph Leather $200

4. Charlize Theron in Dior: “All Black”

H&M Short Top $6.66;

Boo Hoo Gisele Scuba Skater Skirt with Belt $20;

Nasty Gal Black Cult Adore Sandal $68;

American Apparel Black Round Sunglasses $10;

Zara’s Mini Office City Bag $60;

H&M Gold Chain Necklace $12.

Check out the free Rent the Runway app in the Apple Store if you are looking for dressy attire with a time crunch.

Christen Roberts

George Mason University

Christen is a communication major, concentrating in public relations and double minoring in events management and journalism at George Mason University. She serves as Co-Vice President of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars and as an executive board director of the Patriot Activities Council in the Office of Student Involvement. She is also a member of the GMU PINK street team. When she is not working an event on-campus or at the gym, she likes to shop and catch up on the latest trends in the fashion magazines. She is currently obsessed with organic food and Whole Foods. You can catch her on Twitter @C0SM0_girl.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com