This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The temperature is dropping and winter is becoming a harsh reality. Don’t get me wrong, winter is fun when you can cuddle by a fire with some hot cocoa and a movie. But when it’s time to walk to that night class, or to your car after work, the cold is unbearable. So I am going to give you some tips I have learned over the last few years on how to keep warm during the winter. Via LifeWithLyss

1. Wear tights under your leggings or pants

I know this sounds like a lot, but if your legs get cold easily, give them an extra layer of warmth. Wearing tights under jeans, dress pants or leggings really make a difference. The best part is that you can’t even tell you are wearing an extra layer!

Via Pexels

Related: 5 Ways To Transition Into A Fall Wardrobe

2. Invest in a blanket scarf

Blanket scarves are a lifesaver in the wintertime. You can wrap them around your neck while you’re outside, or use them as a blanket when you get to your destination. They keep your whole face snuggled and warm!Via Uniqlo

3. Heat Tech clothing

Having a few items of Heat tech clothing items is essential in the wintertime. Heat tech clothing traps your body heat in to keep you warm during the colder days. It also allows you to wear less layers! You can find trendy options at Uniqlo.

Winter does not have to be a struggle, you can stay cute and keep warm during your everyday activities! It doesn’t take much energy to find alternatives for your everyday wardrobe during the wintertime. Good luck ladies, and happy snuggle season!

Ariana Tayebi

George Mason University

George Mason University '18
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com