3 Reasons You Should Apply to be a Writer for Her Campus GMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

You have a passion for storytelling and love to write. You’re aware that online media and content marketing are in, and want the opportunity to write for an online platform.

Lucky for you, Her Campus GMU is accepting applications for Writers to start in the Fall.

Start the Her Campus GMU Writer application now!

I’ve had the pleasure of being on the Her Campus GMU team for over a year now, and this online magazine has been one of the most impactful and influential components of my college career.

Need more insight on why Her Campus GMU is the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for? Here are 3 reasons why my experience with Her Campus has been phenomenal and why you should apply to be a Writer for Her Campus GMU.

1. Her Campus Media is the #1 new-media brand for the empowered college woman.

HerCampus.com is written by the world’s top college journalists, with 7,000+ contributors and 300+ campus chapters nationwide and in eight countries. And this is just the start of an amazing career for Her Campus writers. Members of the Her Campus team have been offered jobs and internships with companies like Glamour, Vogue, Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, People, The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, InStyle, O magazine, MTV, and The Washington Post.Her Campus GMU served as the launching point of my career. Being a Writer for Her Campus allowed me to expand my knowledge of AP style writing and marketing, as well as be published nationally. Now, I’m a Marketing Associate for a well-established marketing firm in the Washington DC area.

2. Network with some of the best businesses in the media industry.

Keynote speakers and panelists at Her Campus’ annual conference, Her Conference, have come from Refinery29, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and many more. Her Conference provides college women with the tools needed to conquer their campuses and careers with confidence.

Personally, I’ve had the opportunity to sit in on talks from Seventeen Editor in Chief Michelle Tan, Refinery29 VP of Editorial Strategy Neha Gandhi, and People StyleWatch Editor Lisa Arbetter. Each of these have moments have been great opportunities to learn from some of the most inspiring women and get a glimpse of what it’s like to work in such a fast-paced, competitive industry.

3. You gain a support system of like-minded, ambitious people.

Currently, the Her Campus GMU team is comprised of 14 intelligent, talented writers. Some of these women are Campus Ambassadors for the Peace Corps, Interns at Northern Virginia Magazine, and Leadership Consultants at the LEAD Office at George Mason University.

It’s empowering to be surrounded by such strong, goal-oriented women. Project partners, roommates, best friends, and more – these women are not only my teammates, but have played vital roles in my college career that have encouraged me to be the best version of myself.

I can surely say that my involvement with Her Campus GMU has been a paramount element of my college years. If writing for a nationally known online magazine for women, networking with top media professionals, and joining a team of boss women sounds enticing, then applying to Her Campus GMU is the next move for you.

Are you interested in writing for the #1 new-media brand for the empowered college woman?

Apply to be a Writer for Her Campus GMU!

Juliane Veloso

George Mason University

Juliane is a Her Campus alumna. She started her time in HC as a Writer for HC George Mason. Her passion for HC led her to work on the National level as a Campus Expansion Assistant, Campus Correspondent, Chapter Advisor, and Viral Content Writer. Juliane is now a Digital Strategist for a Fortune 500 company. Follow her on Instagram: @julianemariev