15 Universal New Semester Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.
The new semester follows right after a new year and while we all have our indivudal resoutions for 2015, the next four months on campus demand some goals of their own. Whether you’ve mentally declared them or not, here are a few objectives every collegiette can relate to across the board.

1. Cut back social media time by at least two hours.

2. Write down all your assignments in a planner (that way you can have a visual reminder of how much you didn’t get done).

3. Devote one weekend a month to staying in. Why go to a party when you can just as easily procrastinate with Netflix?

4. Stop spending money on unnessary things, that’s what Spring Break is for.

5. Don’t snooze your alarm for class more than once.

6. Get on a decent eating schedule, for real this time.

7. Don’t let your textbooks collect dust this semester. You didn’t rent them at the last minute for the cheapest price possible for nothing.

8. Swear to stop posting unnecessary Snapchat Stories.

9. Less time with significant other, more time studying.

10. Stay one wedged boot step ahead of the fashion trends.

11. Try not to roll your eyes as much when your friends are talking.

12. Be the babysitter, and not the babysittee.

13. Scrounge up a decent amount of participation points in class.

14. Avoid being tagged in awful pictures.

15. Stay motivated longer than syllabus week.
Cierra Bundy

George Mason University

Cierra is a senior at George Mason University majoring in psychology. Other than working for Her Campus, Cierra is involved in Active Minds and is an enthusiastic sports fan. Although originally from Florida, Cierra has grown up mostly in a small town in the Shenandoah Valley. In her free time, Cierra loves finding new music, reading, writing, and trying new workouts.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com