This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Exams take a huge mental toll on most students; making you want to cry, break down, curl up in a ball and never leave your room. The only light at the end of the tunnel is knowing that winter break is coming and everything will soon be ok. However, as the break goes on a lot of emotions get thrown in the mix. While some of your friends are going on cool exotic vacations, it is more likely that your break is going to go a lot like this…

1. How you feel when you have turned in that last exam and no longer have to worry about classes, or papers, or tests…

2. When you realize its only a week and a half until Christmas.

Meaning…

3. And now that you’re home, you get to hang out with all your high school friends and pretend like its old times.

4. Once Christmas hits, so does reality…you should probably be working.

5. You start to miss your college friends and remember why college is the best four years of your life.

6. And now that you’re working there is no time to hang out with friends.

7. At least you can have have awesome conversation with the customers…

8. By now there’s like two weeks left of break, at least there’s New Year’s Eve. 

9. After New Year’s Eve…

10. Suddenly those classes you signed up for seem highly interesting.

11. Then the miraculous day comes where you get to go back to campus and see all your college friends again.

12. And don’t worry, you will be hating classes again soon enough.

Alexandra Connole

George Mason University

Chi Omega Fraternity member and Chipotle lover. 
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com