The 10 Healthiest Drinks You Can Order at Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

One of the easiest ways to get closer to a healthy body is to cut out sugary drinks. Sodas, milkshakes, lattès, and smoothies are often loaded with hidden sugars and calories that don’t satisfy your appetite, but sometimes water just doesn’t cut it. Check out these low-calorie Starbucks options to get your caffeine fix or satisfy your sweet tooth.

1. Iced Green Tea (unsweetened), 0 Calories*

This drink is naturally refreshing and great for your metabolism. To make it sweeter, try adding a little bit of honey before turning to sugar packets.

2. Caffè Misto, 110 Calories*

If you need your hot coffee in the morning, the Caffe Misto is one of your healthiest options. Made from freshly ground coffee beans and steamed skim milk, you’ll get your caffeine fix without the added calories of a latte.

3. Cool Lime Refresher, 60 Calories*

The official beverage of spring break (probably). The limes bring a zing of flavor and a burst of natural energy for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.

4. Shaken Sweet Tea, 100 Calories*

The Shaken Sweet Tea is steeped from Teavana Black Tea, then flavored with real cane sugar for a simple, sweet taste.  

5. Caramel Frappuccino ‘Light’, 100 Calories*

Most frappuccinos are packed with calories and sugar, but the ‘light’ version of the caramel frappuccino is the perfect guilt-free dessert at only 100 calories.

6. Caffe Americano, 15 Calories*

This espresso-based drink is one of the lowest calorie items on the Starbucks menu and packed with 225 mg of caffeine.  

7. Strawberry Smoothie, 300 Calories*

While higher in sugar, the Strawberry Smoothie is packed with real fruit and 16g of protein to help you power through your day.  

8. Nonfat Iced Vanilla Latte, 120 Calories*

Iced coffees are usually overflowing with artificial sweeteners, but this nonfat version of the Iced Vanilla Latte is a sweet treat for a summer day.

9. Shaken Tazo Black Tea Lemonade, 110 Calories*

Basically the healthy Arnold Palmer you’ve been searching for your entire life.

10.  Skinny Vanilla Latte, 100 Calories*

You don’t have to cut out the taste of milky, flavored coffee to be healthy. This drink is the perfect way to cut calories on your coffee dates without compromising flavor.

*Calories based on Starbucks’ “Grande” size, with no add-ins or modifications.

Images found here, here, and here.

Holly Rhue

George Mason University

Holly was previously the Branded Content Editor at Her Campus Media, working on the national edit team to create engaging native editorial and social content for brands that HerCampus.com readers love! Her Beauty & Travel writing has been featured on Cosmopolitan.com, MarieClaire.com, and ELLE.com, where she was previously the digital publication's Editorial Fellow and Weekend Editor right out of college. Once upon a time, she led her own Her Campus chapter at George Mason University (go Patriots!).
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com