14 of My Favorite Vines from the Google Slides My Friends Made To Educate Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Geneseo chapter.

If your friends aren’t willing to educate you on the art of Vines, then you should reconsider your friendships.

In all seriousness, because of my lack of Vine knowledge, three of my closest friends made a Google Slide titled “Vines that Butter Our Crispy Flake” for me to learn from and laugh at. Even though Vine has died, so many of them are still relevant today. I’ve decided to take my favorites out of the 52 (and counting) slides and share why I love them so much. Another “thank you” to my friends since I am stealing their Youtube links and slide titles. Here are my favorite Vines in no particular order.

1. “Wow”

The video isn’t the funniest by far; however, because my friends were constantly saying “wow” in that strange voice, I went into it already laughing. It was very nice to hear the original “wow” that my friends do so well.

2. “So no head?”

This video was one of the most shocking. The first time I watched it all I could think about was how he destroyed his phone, but then I realized that was the funny part. Every time after that I have laughed.

3. “I won’t hesitate b*tch”

My friends purposefully included this one because it says my name. The best part is the pillow shoved up the guy’s shirt as he pretends to be a girl. Then the random gun at the end really solidifies what the Viners were going for.

4. “It’s ya boi”

I credit this as the first Vine reference I have ever seen. My best guy friend from high school said this for several months and still occasionally breaks it out. It will always remind me of the good times I had in high school.

5. “F*ck ya chicken strips”

This is another one of the Vines that my friends say constantly, and I just love the idea of this being something you say, especially since I love chicken.

6. “I coulda dropped my croissant”

This one relates to me on so many levels since I get scared very easily and I also love to eat. I feel like this has literally happened to me, and that makes it even more amazing.

7. “I can’t believe you’ve done this”

The absurdity of this poor dude trying to be serious and getting hit makes me feel for him. This one didn’t make me laugh, but it made the list because of sympathy and that accent.

8. “Fr e sh A voca do”

This is one of those videos that if you don’t laugh, you have no soul. As an English and Communication major, the fact that “fresh avocados” is pronounced so wrong had me dying from the start.

9. “Two shots of vodka…”

I was not expecting the twist ending with Cookie Monster. Although that had to be more than two shots, the cookie monster is what got me because it’s a kid show being associated with alcohol.

10.  “Is there anything better than p*ssy?”

The beginning is vulgar, but when he casually mentions a book, I start to die laughing. Also, I really love that instrumental background. Very catchy.

11.  “When will you learn?”

This Vine is not only funny because of the weird thing that is speaking, but it also connects to a little kitten my friends have. It’s very relevant to him, and he needs to learn.

12.  “I’m John Cena!”

As a girl that used to watch WWE, I love anything John Cena. I just think it’s gross how he put the recorders (I think that’s what they are) up his nose. I hope that he cleans them.

13.  “It’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen…”

The first line had me hooked from the start. When it was literally just about a watermelon I lost it. I also love how he says “watermelon.” I literally laugh every time.

14.   “I’m an adult virgin”

Although he is making a joke, the feminist reference annoyed me, but when he made up for it I instantly fell in love. Honestly, that has to be the most truest line anyone could ever say if you hate feminists.

Special thank you to my friends for getting me into Vine and officially educating me and my other friends who had to watch all these with me as I slowly descended down the rabbit hole. I can’t wait to see what else is added to the never-ending slides.

Follow Her Campus @ Geneseo on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Pinterest.

Rebecca was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Geneseo. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication. Rebecca was also the Copy Editor for the student newspaper The Lamron, Co-Managing Editor of Gandy Dancer, a Career Peer Mentor in the Department of Career Development, a Reader for The Masters Review, and a member of OGX dance club on campus. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @Becca_Willie04!
Victoria Cooke is a Senior History and Adolescence Education major with a Women's and Gender Studies minor at SUNY Geneseo. Apart from being an editor and the founder of Her Campus at Geneseo, she is also the co-president of Voices for Planned Parenthood and a Curator for TEDxSUNYGeneseo. Her passions include feminism, reading, advocating for social justice, and crafting. In the future, she hopes to inspire the next generation of history nerds and activists.