This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Spring break is right around the corner can you believe it? Spring break is a time where one should be relaxing and they should also be worry free. If you have no spring break plans, then these few ideas might help!

1. Go to a library

I know what you may be thinking: “why on earth would I want to spend my free time at the library?” Well, that is a good question. During the month of March, the Arizona weather decides to go from super chilly to quite warm, so the library will be a good place to cool down. In the library, you will have quite the selection of books to read. 

2. Binge watch new shows on Netflix

During any break we have during the school year I love to binge watch shows. Spring break is the perfect time to catch up on new shows you have been wanting to watch but during your regular days might not have time to watch. I am not sure what it is but binge watching a show for two days I think is quite relaxing since you continue onto the next 12 episodes and not feel guilty at all about it. 

3. Go to the pool 

If you are not going anywhere for spring break that has a beach, then I recommend hitting the pool. If it is a Tuesday afternoon and you absolutely bored, why not go out and soak up some sun? Before going to the pool make sure you prepare your skin properly with some sunscreen and stay hydrated. Call up a couple of your closest friends and just have fun pool side. During spring break is also the perfect time to start the pre-summer tanning. 

5. Spend time with your loved ones

During the year it can be quite difficult to see your family. When you have classes, work, volunteering, studying, and your friends to keep up with your family can be put on the back end. So take the time during spring break week to spend some quality time with your family. Maybe going out to lunch with your mom might be a good idea for catching up or taking your little brother to the park since he misses spending time with you. You have the time available to see your family so why not do that now? 

Spring break is a time to relax and rejuvenate your body. So go out and do whatever it is that you enjoy. After the week you will feel strong enough to come back and finish off the rest of the semester with a bang! 

President of the Her Campus Chapter at Grand Canyon University. I am a Senior at GCU majoring in Government. I love adventures, horses and Nutella!