6 Reasons Why You Need to Visit Oregon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

It’s no surprise that Oregon is one of the most popular places to visit in the United States. There is vegetation surrounding you at all times, making it a beautiful place to escape the summer heat in Phoenix. Here are six reasons why you have to visit Oregon: 

1.Heavenly Food

Portland is packed full of adorable, locally owned restaurants. Many of these serve up delicious, warm, and fluffy pancakes for breakfast. They truly know how to set the atmosphere by including antique elements. These mom and pop restaurants will make you feel right at home.

2. A Magnificent Coast

Have you ever seen The Goonies? If you have then you might be familiar with the massive rock that is shown in the picture above. This 80’s movie was filmed in Astoria, Oregon. However, it features several scenes from Cannon Beach. When the beach hits low tide, you are able to see the tide pools around haystack rock, which are occupied with sea life such as crab and gigantic starfish. The sand glistens beneath your feet as you walk along the shore…just watch out for the jellyfish!

3.Hidden Adventures

There is an abundance of gorgeous hidden hiking trails in Oregon. The amount of green is outstanding; if you’re a lover of trees, then you’re in luck! I found this one at a bathroom rest stop near Astoria.

4.Colorful Nature

Wild flowers like these can be spotted almost everywhere. Since Oregon receives so much rain, these beautiful colors spring up everywhere and thrive in their surrounding environment.

5.Stunning Architecture

This is the library that can be found in downtown Portland. Historic architecture builds a strong foundation for Oregon’s pop culture. Old hotels, such as The Heathman, were built in the late 1920s, making it a lively place to stay. The Heathman also houses a library filled with thousands of signed books by authors who have been guests at the hotel.

6.Incredible Waterfalls

Oregon is home to fascinating waterfalls, such as Multnomah falls. This 620-foot waterfall will give you vertigo if you look up too long. It is an outstanding landmark that cannot be bypassed.

Abbie Carnes is a Junior at Grand Canyon University. She is an elementary education major and believes that learning is the key to success. She has a strong passion for writing, drawing, reading, and music. Even with her strong tendency to wander, God always directs her paths towards his goodness.
Fourth year Communications major who cares deeply about skin care and Harry Styles.