Trends to Look Forward to This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

As we return from a relaxing winter break and find ourselves back in the classroom, we begin 2015 with many expectations. Many of us hope to work out more, procrastinate less, and become an overall better person. However, if you love fashion as much as I do and can’t wait for spring just around the corner, then your first concern was also the trends of the New Year. After studying Vogue, Glamour, and NY Fashion Week a little more than my textbook, I came across some exciting trends to incorporate in your 2015 spring wardrobe.

FRINGE

Olivia Palermo is doing everything right in this look. Fringe is big on the runway this year and adds just the right amount of movement to your outfit. (Suede is also a popular trend to look out for this spring, and Olivia is incorporating both trends perfectly here.)

FLORAL

Florals have been taking over our closet for years and is continuing to take over the runway this spring. However, this year it is all about the big and bold floral prints.

ALL WHITE

I hate to break it to some of you “no white after labor day” followers, but that rule is so ancient. An all white look is very crisp and clean no matter what time of year it is. Be sure to use different textures, layers and shades to make a statement with all-white this year.

TWO-PIECE

Whether they are midriff revealing or not, two-piece matching sets are the perfect way to add dimension to your outfit this year. Play around with cropped tops and color-blocking to add even more of a modern edge to your look. 

Welcome! I'm a sophomore Public Relations major at Georgia College. I am also a member of the Eta Mu chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority. From pinterest to shopping, I love all things makeup and fashion and hope to work with them in the future.