Transfer Cutie: Taylor Rucker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Hometown: Thomaston, Ga

Relationship Status: Very taken by a very cute boy.

Major: History

Hidden talents: I’m actually a really good cook, but I don’t want my boyfriend to know because then he would want me to cook for him all the time.

Favorite President: JFK

Guilty Pleasure: Anything on BET or E!

Hobbies: Hanging out with my sorority sisters, watching the Kardashians, and spending time relaxing.

Where can I find you on the weekends? Probably work, but on the rare chance that I do have a night out I love going out, dressing up, and being with my friends.

Pet Peeve: When people do things without asking or being conscientious.

If you were an animal, what would you be? A dog. Or maybe a peacock.

Why Georgia College? I went to Valdosta for part of my freshman year and I was miserable. I hated everything about it and when I came home I went to Gordon, which is the college near my hometown, but I wanted to get away, I wanted to have a real college experience and I decided to try again here.

What was the hardest part about transferring? Finding my place. I was a Junior by year and Sophomore by hours and a Freshman by social standing, so I rushed hoping that I would meet people and I did. I found my place in ADPi and couldn’t be happier with my decision.  

Favorite thing about Georgia College: Probably the fact that we are a small campus. My roommate always teases me that I wave at a dozen people when I walk across campus and she’s right. I know them. What other college with our academics is that close knit? I love the lack of animosity among Greek life. I love having relationships with my teachers. I love small classes…honestly, I just love everything.

A Creative Writing major with a passion for travel, reading, and 20th century book collecting. One day she hopes to be a great teacher and an even more fabulous mom.