Top Three Reasons It’s Never Too Early to Celebrate The Best Time of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

The air has finally chilled, the peppermint mochas are overflowing, Starbucks is finally now using the red holiday cups, and sweaters don’t seem so silly in Milledgeville, GA anymore. But, when exactly is it appropriate to begin the Christmas cheer? Is listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween acceptable or taboo? When can the decorations be put up?

While many people choose to wait until after Thanksgiving, there are the few of us who as soon as the clock strikes midnight and the calendar shifts from October to November begin to rock out to the Michael Bublé Christmas CD. No shame. And then there are the sticklers who are waiting it out till December 1. I applaud those people. I wish to be more like them. Yet, as soon as the air grows cold and everyone starts putting peppermint in his or her food and drinks, I jam out to “Baby, it’s cold outside.”

So here are the top 3 reasons to be pumped for Christmas even if it is just a tad bit early.

1. The Christmas Music

Nothing gets anyone more excited for some good ole’ fashioned Christmas cheer than music. And anything goes in this category: Mariah Carey, Frank Sinatra, and yes, even Justin Bieber will do (though I’d say going with Sinatra is your best bet).

2.  The Peppermint in all things!

The coffee, hot chocolate, the eggnog, whatever you drink, will automatically taste better with some delicious peppermint thrown in. And I must insist that the peppermint mocha from Starbucks is Christmas in a cup. SO. GOOD.

3.  The warm, fuzzy feeling everyone gets when they think about Christmas

Let’s face it. Christmas is the time of year everything just seems nicer, brighter, and more joyful. And people feel this way and act on it in more ways than they would other times of the year.  So, why wouldn’t you want to get a head start on the joy that Christmas brings? It seems silly to me to wait to spread Christmas cheer and love, simply because it is a bit too early (So says the calendar). While we shouldn’t forget Thanksgiving, it seems that both these holidays go hand and hand. So go forth and spread Christmas cheer. And don’t even stop when January rolls around. Keep spreading the love and joy even when music must be put away and Starbucks starts using their normal cups again.

So, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays! Celebrate!

Author of the Forget Me Not Trilogy. Drinker of too much coffee. Obsessed with all things French. Owner of pink, sparkly things. In love with Jesus!