This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Summer is just around the corner and what better way to spend all of our extra free time than catching up on all the reading you’ve been meaning to do (on a beach, of course)! Here are 5 great Summer reads for when there’s just not enough time during the semester:

1. It by Stephen King

Just hear me out, I know this isn’t exactly the first thing that would come to mind when thinking about the Summer. When else are you ever going to have the time to dedicate to this giant classic? You may as well knock it out when you don’t have classes to worry about. 

2. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson 

What’s better for the Summer than a good road trip book? Nothing at all. 

3. Orange is the New Black

I love reading memoirs during the Summer. And there’s no better way to fill the time until the next season of the show than to hear the true story behind it!

4. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson 

This is an easy Summer read, and pairs very well with Amy and Roger!

5. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han 

For me this is a nostalgia read, but it also takes place on the beach, and that’s really all we can ask of a Summer read!

Happy reading, and have a great Summer!

Skyler Wilkes is a junior Theatre and Creative Writing double major at GCSU! Skyler enjoys reading, traveling, red lipstick, and How I Met Your Mother. You can follow her on Instagram @skylerelizabethh