This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

A little birdy told me that you just survived finals week, so I’m here to give you some ideas on what to do with all your new free time. 

The first step is to REMAIN CALM. I know it seems impossible, because it’s been so long since you last enjoyed something unrelated to classes, but there are things out there other than papers and exams. Wonderful and fun things. I wouldn’t lie to you. Here are a few:

1. Sleep

Yes, it’s true. You can sleep again. No need to stay awake all night, staring into the white depths of a blank Microsoft Word document. Let the visions of sugarplums dance in your head.  

2. Read a book (because you want to!)

They aren’t just for studying! Remember when books were fun and could take you into new worlds or teach you about things you wanted to know about? They are still like that!

For example, this break I’ll be reading Why Not Me? by my comedy queen Mindy Kaling.

3. Listen to a podcast

Podcasts are like TV that you don’t have to watch, so they’re perfect entertainment for someone on the go! Getting into the podcast world can be a little overwhelming at first, because there are so many options to choose from, but don’t worry! There’s a podcast out there for everyone, you just need to breathe and do a little looking.

If you like comedy, I suggest My Brother, My Brother, and Me. Three brothers give advice about anything under the sun from listeners’ questions to whatever they can find on Yahoo Answers. It’s hilarious, and the brothers are very genuine and nice people. If you like musicals you might enjoy Off Book: The Improvised Musical Podcast. Every week there’s a new improvised musical for you to enjoy. They are insanely funny, and you’ll want to listen to the songs over and over again. 

4. Play Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

Do you like camping? Well, you don’t have to in order to fall in love with this game. Make friends with adorable animals, decorate your campsite, and become totally addicted. You might be laughing now, but nothing beats the rush of catching a rare fish or the utter soul crushing pain of an animal asking for your last 3 tiger butterflies. I SPENT SO LONG TRYING TO CATCH THOSE AND YOU WANT THREE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, ELOISE?

But, yeah….it’s fun!

5. Watch that Netflix movie you’ve been eyeing

If you’re anything like me, your Netflix list is longer than Santa’s Naughty or Nice list. Or maybe that one movie keeps popping up, begging you to watch it, but you couldn’t because you had to work. Now’s the time.

If you’re looking for something Christmasy, I recommend The Spirit of Christmas. Nothing beats falling in love with an attractive, bearded ghost at Christmas time.

6. Try out that new eyebrow trend

Why not? You got time. 

Not sure what eyebrow “trend” to attempt? Just hop on Instagram, and you’ll find one eventually. 

I recommend this Christmas tree inspired look by Youtuber Taylor R. Watch the full video to get her look here!

7. Treat yourself!

Make a delicious cup of your favorite hot chocolate, coffee, or tea! Really go all out with the toppings and presentation, because you deserve it! You worked hard this semester!

8. Use your new free time to solve a mystery! 

What happened to Amelia Earhart? Are ghosts real? Is GCSU haunted? (That’s a question for another time.)

Buzzfeed Unsolved is the fun and spoopy web series you need in your life. Check it out and allow yourself to be sucked into the conspiracy! 

9. Finish your Christmas shopping!

Need I say more?

10. Relax and enjoy your break!

You deserve it! 

Elizabeth is a Senior Creative Writing major at GCSU. She loves all things Disney and is always prepared to pet any puppy that walks her way. When she isn’t writing, you can probably find her watching old movies, belting showtunes, or listening to her latest podcast obsession. Follow Elizabeth on Instagram and Twitter @lizzy4liz