Kristen Pack: Outstanding New Member

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Kristen Pack recently received the Outstanding New Member award from the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life. The award goes to a person who Greek Life feels has represented their chapter by getting involved in both their Sorority/Fraternity and on campus. OFSL looks for someone who is very involved and devotes a lot of the time to multiple organizations on campus and in the community.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Kristen and getting to know what it means to her to be honored with this award and represent her sorority, Kappa Delta. 

HC:What does it mean to you win this award?

KP: I am so humbled to have been chosen out of the seventy amazing girls of Kappa Delta’s newest pledge class to represent KD. Honestly all of the candidates are outstanding and deserve to be recognized for their campus involvement. I am so honored by the OFSL to have selected me to win this award.

HC: What qualities do you possess that you feel qualified you for this award?

KP: I have tried to diversify myself in my involvement on campus by not just being involved with my sorority. I feel that I have a very outgoing personality and I am personable, so I am able to mesh with a wide variety of people so it was not difficult for me to get involved. I wanted ot be involved in KD as much as possible right from the start. I am constantly looking for ways to help sisters out and prepare for events or whatever KD needs. I wanted to make an impat in my sorority, which I have hopefully done this year!

HC: What organizations are you involved in?

KP: I am involved with SGA, where I am now a Senator and on the PR committee. I am thoroughly involved with Kappa Delta as Assistant to Community Service, various committees, and intramural teams. I also volunteer with Bobcats Against Hunger. I am also apart of Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Greek Life?

KP: I love Greek Life. I am so happy with my decision to go Greek and to rush this past fall. I am thankful every day to be apart of such a lovely group of KD ladies. The Greek community is so diversified and I love how accepting we all are of each other. We really look out for one another, and we are always supporting each other’s philanthropies and events that benefit everyone’s chapter. I love all of the new exciting events that Greek Life has to offer and I have gotten to know so many people through mutual Greek friends and events like rush, formals, and socials. 

HC: What has your overall best experience at GCSU been?

KP: I loved homecoming this year. The whole school had so much school spirit and participating in all of the events was a great experience. The campus was buzzing every day and there was so much to do during that week. The fountain was constantly filled with people trying to throw free stuff at you to vote for their candidate. I loved tent city and how everyone rallied together for our school that day.

Hi Her Campus readers! I'm a Senior Mass Communications major, Netflix fanatic and everything caramel-based lover. You can always find me hanging out with my friends, watching Grey's Anatomy, eating Barberitos or doing all three at the same time! I'm Social Media/Public Relations chair for both Her Campus and CURE GC and love to support other organizations on campus that I have a passion for. I hope one day to go on a mission trip before my "big girl life" starts and then either do Public Relations for an amazing company close to my heart, like Her Campus or CURE, or open a clothing store of my own and donate a cut of the profits to different charitites each month. However for now, I'm going to take it day-by-day and enjoy what's left of my college career! XO, Katelyn.