How to Love Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Many girls seem to hold grudges against Valentine’s Day. Whether it was a bad experience with past dates or having their expectations crushed every year, this day tends to get a lot of hate. Single or taken, here are some ways you can enjoy this lovey-dovey, heart-filled holiday!

Get Crafty

No matter what your relationship status is, there is always someone you can share your love with! So jump on Pinterest and start crafting for your BF or BFF.

Avoid Social Media

There are always those girls who blow up Instagram with all their romantic gifts from their Valentine. This only makes you realize just how single you are or causes you to compare who got the most flowers and chocolates.

Treat Yo Self

Lets face it, sweets are one of the easiest ways to make a girl happy. So enjoy all the chocolates you receive or show yourself some love and buy all your favorite candies!

Get Fancy

What girl doesn’t feel great when they are dressed for a night out? Whether your guy has a romantic evening planned, or you are throwing one of those Anti-Valentine’s Day party, dressing up always helps you feel your best!

Surround Yourself With Love

Don’t be too hard on Valentine’s Day. At the end of it all, it is just another day. Whether you have a significant other or not, there are plenty of people in your life who love you, and this is just another chance for you to show them how much they mean to you! 

Welcome! I'm a sophomore Public Relations major at Georgia College. I am also a member of the Eta Mu chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority. From pinterest to shopping, I love all things makeup and fashion and hope to work with them in the future.