Halley Bowman: Fierce and Cute.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

YEAR/Major

A Junior theatre major.

Hometown

I’m from Marietta GA.

Organizations you are affiliated with

I am in APO and affiliated with Gamma Sigma Sigma as well.

What do you want to do after school?

I would really like to pursue a career in directing after I graduate. Where and how is yet to be determined.

What inspires you?

What inspires me the most working with all these incrediblely passionate people who have this amazing love for their craft. Being in an environment where everyone is working towards creating something beautiful and meaningful just inspires me to be my best and do my best work.

What is your personal style?

My personal style is kinda edgy, but eclectic. I like a lot of things that challenge the way people perceive what things should look like or what people think things should be. I like taking a lot if inspiration from all over. I’m not positive if you mean like fashion style. But if you mean that I like a lot of black and artsy and edgy, clothes that challenge what people think girls should wear.

What’s your best advice for college students?

My best advice for enjoying college is enjoy your friendships and your experiences with people. College is your social golden age. Capitalize on your opportunities to hang out with people and form awesome relationships. It will never again be this easy to meet people and make friends.

What are your hobbies?

My hobbies include watching movies and reading. I honestly dont have a lot of time to enjoy hobbies, but I honestly like it that way. I feel like I’m working my butt off right now, and I can’t wait for it to pay off.

What is your favorite travel destination?

My favorite travel destination is Charleston. There’s something so beautiful about that city. I love classically old south the architecture is. I’ve been several times in the past couple years because my family has access to beautiful beach house there.

What is your guilty pleasure?

I spend what little spare time I have just unwinding, hanging out with friends OE watching a good movie. I love watching old movies and indie movies. Netflix and I are in an intimate relationship. I think my most enlightening experience in college has been working on directing scenes. My work on my directing one scene helped me discover my passion in theatre and in directing. I have learned so much about myself and about people in general in my work. There’s so much I’m going to take away from my college experience its hard to pin point it. I have learned that I love working with people who love to create and that is where I belong creating alongside others with the same passion.

If you were an animal…..

I would be a zebra. They’re like super eccentric horses with awesome stripes. I love that they just kind of live they’re life but they’re just so unique looking.

Stephanie House is a Creative Writing major at Georgia College and State University. She has been writing ever since she can remember and reading even before then. She enjoys Sour Patch Kids, Classic Literature, and Doctor Who, and hopes to one day become a published author, an accomplished screenwriter and amateur gondolier.