This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Each April, Fraternity and Sorority life puts on the event known as Greek Weekend – formerly known as Greek Week. This is a Greek event that brings sororities and fraternities together, whether they are panhellenic or not, and allows them to compete with each other at talent and sporting events. Though this event seems too competitive between Greek organizations, it actually unites them and gives people in Greek life a sense of pride in their organization. Other than homecoming, this is really the only time Greek organizations at GC are all brought together, and it is heartwarming seeing each sorority and fraternity cheering each other on. 

This year, Greek Weekend kicked off on Thursday with Family Feud, basketball and an ice cream social. The ladies of Zeta Tau Alpha took home the gold in the basketball tournament.

Zeta Tau Alpha wins basketball. source

The second day of Greek Weekend consisted of Canstruction, Tug and Decathalon. Alpha Omicron Pi and Delta Sigma Phi won Canstruction, a charity event where two organizations teamed up to create a a sculpture out of cans. Zeta Tau Alpha also won Decathalon and Tug, both very muddy activities. Decathalon is a race that takes place at Lake Laurel on East Campus, while Tug is a very intense game of tug and war. 

Alpha Omicron Pi at Canstruction. source: Lindsey Graham

Alpha Omicron Pi at Tug. source

Day Three held events such as dodgeball, flag football and Greek Goddess, a pageant where sorority women and fraternity men are carried into Centennial Center on floats wearing beautiful gowns – or in some cases, togas. Once again, Zeta Tau Alpha took home the title of Greek Goddess, but each participant looked stunning.

Victoria Powell representing Alpha Omicron Pi with third place in Greek Goddess. source

On the final day of Greek Weekend, two of the most popular events, Greek Sing and Step, took place in Centennial Center. Greek Sing pairs a sorority with a fraternity and allows each participant to show off their singing abilities. Each pairing picks an artist as a theme, and sings a medly of their songs for their performance. This year, the ladies of Alpha Delta Pi took the crowd by storm and won with their Bruno Mars theme. 

Alpha Delta Pi’s Greek Sing Team. source

The final event of the weekend was Greek Step, where sororities dance and step all over the stage to a choreographed routine. This year, the men of Alpha Tau Omega were the only fraternity to compete, and they ended up winning Greek Weekend as well! The women of Phi Mu took home the crown for the second year in a row with their creepy American Horror Story-themed routine. 

Phi Mu Step Team. source

Overall, Zeta Tau Alpha racked up the most points out of all the other sororities, giving them the title of Greek Weekend 2017 winners. Alpha Tau Omega gained the most points out of all other fraternities, which gave them the same title. This is the second year in a row that ZTA and ATO have won Greek Weekend, which is a huge accomplishment! Each sorority and fraternity did a fantastic job at participating in the various events of the weekend and showed a tremendous amount of spirit. Congratulations to all!

Her Campus GCSU Campus Correspondent. Senior Mass Communication major with a focus in Journalism. Cat mom, writer, avid concert-goer, iced coffee addict.