Get Ready for GC’s Homecoming Concert 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCSU chapter.

Georgia College’s Homecoming is next week! This year’s concert lineup is one of the best in my opinion, and I can’t think of a better way to start that second-semester senior nostalgia for GCSU than the Homecoming Concert. Featured below are three songs that you should definitely familiarize yourself with before next Friday!  

1. Moon TaxiHailing from Nashville Tennessee, Moon Taxi’s indie/progressive rock vibe sounds just like something you’d hear while drinking coffee at Blackbird or over on WGUR. Definitely recommeded for those friends who wear beanies, thrift flannel shirts, and always vaguely smell like a coffeshop. Recommended song: Morocco
  2. Jessica Hernandez & The DeltasDefinitely one of the newer and hipper groups, Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas are a new group of indie darlings from Detroit. With their edgy and high-energy sound, this band is for your friend who listens to bands you’ve definitely never heard of. Recommended song: Tired Oak
  3. Waka Flocka FlameWhether you angstily listened to him back in your middle school days or angrily head to your 8 AM class listening to “Hard In Da Paint”, Waka Flocka Flame is undeniably one of the biggest rappers GC’s ever snagged for Homecoming. Sure to be a racuous show, check out this song that samples Flocka in a more trap style.

It’s going to be an awesome concert, can’t wait to see you all there! 

Cat enthusiast, iced coffee addict, and strong believer in the Oxford comma.